Does anyone have any first hand experience of knowledge of educational counseling in Hong Kong? Do most public schools have some sort of educational counseling? What is the private sector for the discipline like?

From what I gather, it doesn't seem to be as substantial as in the West, but with knowledge of the importance of education in this part of the world, I imagine there should be, at minimum, a definite niche for this field. I'm interested in all levels, but would like to focus on tertiary and higher secondary levels if possible.

I'm thinking of packing my bags (again) and heading towards HK's direction. I have an undergrad BA in Geography, two years teaching experience in Korea (who doesn't??), and have applied to HKU's and CUHK's Graduate programs in Educational Counseling. I have a TESL but not a great one, nor is it internationally recognized. Teaching English is enjoyable, but view it more as a means to and end than as a career. U.S. citizen here so no working holiday visa love. I would be willing to consider throwing down for a PGDE in the future as well.

Just looking for some input; also have e-mails out to the University inquiring about educational counseling in HK.

As a side note, I would love to teach geography (High School, Community College) as well. I can't imagine there are a ton of native English speaking geographers floating around in HK, so I was wondering if it would be possible to teach at a EMI or International School