business registration/license in Hong Kong & China

Closed Thread

Thumbs up business registration/license in Hong Kong & China

Hello Everyone,

I'm glad I came across this website as it has everything.

My U.S. company is deciding whether obtaining a HK/China business license and setting up a buying office is cost effective.

We're at the stage of researching the wholesale prices of brand name consumer electronics for both HK and Chinese wholesale distributors.This is crucial as we need to look at all the numbers involved so we know all the costs before any investment is made.

It doesnt make financial sense to register for a HK or China business license, etc just to obtain wholesale prices and then find out its not cost effective.

**Does anyone have any ideas or opinions on how to locate business owners with a valid business registration/license in Hong Kong and China in the area of selling electronics or something similar in order for them to obtain wholesale prices on our behalf? In exchange for the compensation, this business person will fill out a wholesale account form as needed by the wholesale distribution company and send the prospective distributor their business registration copy to simply obtain a wholesale price list. We have a HK fax number where the wholesale price, etc list will be sent once its obtained. Once we look at all the wholesale numbers and compare costs we then will proceed ahead. Were willing to fairly compensate for this exchange.

These business owners have to be trustworthy, professional and they need to have a valid business registration/license in Hong Kong & China.

**This is not a time intensive project and its easy money for a business person. There could be additional strategy opportunities for the right person. We will advise what to write on the forms.

We did consider working with an import/export agent but many times these companies are set up as a trading company and the wholesale distribution companies wont provide a wholesale list because they know the products will be exported out of the country.

Thank you and I look forward to your response.
    DigiChoice

Huh? Forgive my ignorance, but I really don't see what this has to do with anything...

Not just after a bit of shamless (free) promotion are we?

Quote Originally Posted by saltwater:
    Huh? Forgive my ignorance, but I really don't see what this has to do with anything...

Not just after a bit of shamless (free) promotion are we?
    p.s. hope you don't mind but you're the first user I've rated.

Talking

hi,

this makes no sense. Any US/EU/UK company can simply obtain wholesale prices of goods simply by asking for a quotation. And a typical response is how many containers do you need? because volume counts

Maybe I am off base, but it seems you want to obtain the wholesale prices of some goods under a different name, perhaps because these firms are your competitors and will not give up there wholesale price to the competition?

If you are in the trade you already know roughly the markups across the supply chain and hence you know the wholesale cost from the manufacturer is relatively low compared to the shipping and distribution chain. And the key point at the end of the day will be the warantee provided.

There are many advantages in having a local buying office, your staff can easily visit the factory,neg. prices, obtain samples for approval, work on designs, etc. etc.

Getting a few wholesale quotations faxed to a Hong Kong number sound suspect to me.

cheers,
    John

Smells a little bit fishy to me, you could always try alibaba and get quotes from there.

Thumbs up business registration/license in Hong Kong & China

Hello Everyone,

I appreciate the responses but it appears all of you except JAherbert dont have any understanding of what I'm doing.

saltwater-Its too bad youre that ignorant and if you would of read my post then maybe you could slightly comprehend what my goal is. Shameless promoting-What am I promoting, did I give away a free coupon? I recommend you read the post in its entirety before making a clueless remark. Its better to live with your eyes open and I highly reccommend taking a business 101 class.

JAherbert-You had some solid reccomendations but they dont apply to me. If it was as simple as getting manufacturer prices then I wouldnt of posted this. I need the wholesale prices for brand name wholesale distributors in HK/China. In order to get these prices you HAVE to have a valid HK/China business license.

It doesnt make financial sense to register for a HK or China business license, etc just to obtain wholesale prices and then find out its not cost effective to open an overseas buying office. This is why I need someone who already has an existing license to get me these prices, thats all, simple.

This is crucial as we need to look at all the numbers involved so we know all the costs before any investment is made.

If you dont have something constructive and targeted to what my question is then theres no need to respond. I'm sure you have better things to do with your time, especially saltwater as he is going to enroll in business 101.

Wow insulting your customers... you're goooooooood!

Thing is, I did read your post - three times (bit quiet in the office yesterday see). And despite my limited attendance in Business 101, I still failed to understand exactly what you were talking about. It looked like you were answering your own questions, kind of having an online conversation to yourself as it were. Maybe I shouldn't have said anything about it and just let your post fade into archived obscurity where it belongs, but sometimes I just can't help myself (see comment above about quiet day yesterday).

Anyway now that you've publicly trashed me on these forums your reputation means next to nothing, but no doubt we'll all be seeing you again soon anyway with another username and another thinly-disguised attempt to self promote whatever it is you're selling. I look forward to it - I'll probably have a word or two to say about that one too.

In the meantime, thanks for you advice. I'll go ahead and look 'IGNORANT' up in the dictionary, happy in the knowledge that I can at least CONTRIBUTE to a community rather than see it as a means of making a buck.

p.s. Hope you don't mind, but I made up eight alias profiles last night to further damage your reputation. See ya!

Saltwater,

I am 100000% agreed with you... the guy is simply talking to himself and has no clue whatsoever. by bolding two paragraphs make us difficult to read in the first place. why bother understanding the content.

Digi... just get lost and get another id... scam artist!!

I just wonder who is the ignorant here!

Cheers

whong

Whoa .. how come no one brought this to my attention?