Like Tree1Likes

Are you looking for a job?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Are you looking for a job?

After looking at forums and reading peoples posts/threads I understand that there are alot of people who have moved to Hong Kong with different backgrounds from different countries, have recently graduated, or whatever the situation might be that are having difficulties finding work.

Some may be looking to get into a certain industry and others are just looking to survive.

I would like to know what the difficulties you are having.

Resumes?
    Networking?
    Interviews?
    Education/experience?
    Language?

Would you be interested in consultation services that would help you get a job?

As a person who came to HK without knowing much people, i consider myself lucky that i found a job, a good network of friends/clients/people that i enjoy. I would like to know what the difficulties and obstacles others are facing and if there is opportunities to help out.

Do you charge for this service?
    Posted via Mobile Device

I'm open to donations, but i wanna see if there is even a need or is there something I don't know about these situations.

Maybe they only sent 1 resume or showed up with mismatched socks or something.

FInding it ridiculous to get into banking industry

Thanks but no thanks ... Donations no ... A meal and drink yes.
    Posted via Mobile Device

how do u go abt the consultation service? my hubby looking for a job in trading!!

Quote Originally Posted by hopesgone:
    FInding it ridiculous to get into banking industry
    Have you ever tried the recruitment agents? There are certainly many firms in HK, many specializing the finance industry. You can also try going networking events like: Oriented, Thirsty Thurdays, etc.

Also, you may find it easier to get placed in back office/middle office roles initially (depending on your experience and skills) rather than front office right away. Many of the traders/risk managers at my current bank used to work in IT for another bank before.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by simmy:
    how do u go abt the consultation service? my hubby looking for a job in trading!!
    What type of trading is he looking to get into?

Hi guys you feel confident putting up your sample resumes without your personal information etc.

Can you describe how the interviews went?

What have you done to prove yourself worthy of this job, what is seperating you from the other 1000's of people with either better qualifications, experience, or just plain more likeable?

hi, he is looking for job in garments industry, he has 8 yrs of work experience in d same industry, so he wanna move now!!

Good idea but don't recruitment agents allready provide this service!? HK must be as full of these guys as nyc, london, etc?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast