Like Tree2Likes

HK Style Resumes/CV'S

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    Send it to the right person. Add a cover letter (a real one, not 5 lines e-mail) and try to personalise it for every company.

I agree a cover letter is important. This focuses your career objective and why you want to work for a company, and how your skills add value to them.

I don't believe in putting age, race, picture, though. I never had a problem not including any of these. One musnt bejudged by any of these anyway. The instances mentioned were extreme anyways.

In terms of adding photo to a CV, I can tell you that I once applied for a Marketing postion for a very well known airline and they asked me to send my application through the post with a photo. This was not a customer related role or a cabin crew but just a office role. So this goes against what some people have said and I think major companies are the main employers who ask for photos. Although I do look like a super model but thats another story. Save it for another day.

P.S. NOT TRYING TO SHOW OFF

Get to the point

I have hired over a hundred people. The most important thing is that the covering email and CV show me you know what my company does and how you will help us. Having said that, if you can show you are different that is good.

Thanks for going through musty old Geo threads and commenting on them...that's certainly one way to build up a post-count! Looks like you've got about seven years-worth to get through...