Like Tree1Likes

Import Export Mentor out there?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Mundo:
    thanks for those links katia... I'll definitely check them out. jimbo and sefo... we may still need u around cuz we're still newbies at this!

here's some more ebay tips I got from someone I know:

1. start by buying a few items on ebay. then sell some items you have that you don't need (maybe some gift you don't like from an ex-boyfriend or something). this will get you some positive feedback before you begin selling your real products.
    Definately agreed on point 1, Thats how I started off, Buying and selling ahem crap just to build up your reputation and to get good feedback.

Guys we should definately meet up sometime over coffee to chat more, My sideline is electronics so if any of you others are into this then maybe we should team up.

Hello to all,

BTW, I recommend some Ebooks that I bought online and are totally worth it.
    The Broker Guide
    http://www.sellshareware.com/CustomV...fID=0&PageID=1

It includes samples of contracts, agreements and most of those documents you need. They share tips and references etc...Pretty good.

They also publish the Export Guide, but this one you can actually try it before buying it by going here:
    http://import-export-help.us/export-trial.html

You'll be able to check it maybe within 48 hours or something and you can access it only a few times. But it will give you an idea and you will see at first glance if it is worth it or not.

Then, for buyers and vendors, explore this. I have not yet paid to join but have been receiving lots of inquiries. They require that I pay to access to inquiries so I will wait. My personal information is not on there so it does not matter.
    http://go4hongkongbusiness.com/

As for a company name. Be as explicit as you can, that's the best. A good name is easy to remember and makes a clear reference to your business, is it medical, pharmaceutical, trade, etc?. So when people see it they know what it is about. That's what I did with the name of my company. BTW, any reference to China or HK is good because for buyers abroad, it tells that you specialize with products or trade here.

My specialization is PR, Marketing, Communication. You can trust me on this one!

Ciao!

Katia

Jimbo, agree with you, we should meet up and pool our knowledge and tips. Let's organise a Ebay networking meet.

Ben

SEFO,

If you need help with your company, you can turn to InvestHongKong. Very good. They offer help for free. http://www.investhk.gov.hk/ They're a government branch and they're all about having people invest here. They can help you get your visa, giving you advice on how to file your forms and all. Very useful. They are definitly more interested in big investors but do not neglect small investors like us.

As for cie name: you can also go on google (if you have not yet boycotted them) and type "Find a Good Company Name" and you'll get many tips.

You can also test your ideas with us or with me. I already have my company name which I really like so I wont take yours it's a promise! My email is above.

Any one knows a good accounting firm (CPA) not too expensive, that I could work with to set up my own company? I need a permanent address and not having one I can use that of my accountant, an also I need a secretary, which must be someone permanently here as well. Accountants here offer this service plus accounting of your business. Anyone any idea? I have a long list of accountants givent to me by Invest HongKong but I would prefer a personal reference to make a better choice.

Thanks!

Katia

Last edited by GeoExKat; 08-02-2006 at 09:42 AM.

I was initially going to meet with Jimbo, but how about we all get together.Meeting over a drink is fine with me as well.
    Is Wanchai or Causeway Bay good for every one? What day? Thursdays are tight for me.What location? There is a Pub in Wanchai which I believe is called Delaney's. Happy Hour perhpas good? Better suggestions?

Thanks for the awesome tip about EBay. I never though about that, I mean "building my reputation" on Ebay by buying and selling let's say "crap" for the sake of getting some good ratings. Excellent tip.

I will definitly need to look into that.

Katia

The rest of the week is a bit tight for me as well, But anytime next week is cool with me though!

Unless anybody is free friday daytime?

Hey jimbo and Kat
    I am also starting out in this area and would love to join you for a meet up if that is ok? I have PMed you both

Oh oups! Ok I see! I got both your messages Claireabella!

Let see when and where now?

Everyone?

Katia

Next week is better for me, not Thursday though too tight.

Katia

Oops - sorry not quite worked out PMing system
    Monday evening anygood for anyone?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast