Like Tree2Likes

Is UBC reputable in HK/China?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Hmm... this thread seems to have the higest signal:muppet ratio of any Geo thread in my recent memory.

Smells Like Teen Spirit.

Last edited by jgl; 28-04-2010 at 09:42 AM.
    Football16 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    Hmm... this thread seems to have the higest signal:muppet ratio of any Geo thread in my recent memory.

Smells Like Teen Spirit.
    It appears Mr. Tom Wujec of TED has higher regard for kindergarten students than us MBAs!

http://www.ted.com/talks/tom_wujec_b...kly_2010-04-27

Quote Originally Posted by spirits:
    This entire geoexpat forum's great. Seems more democratic than other forums I've been in. It's okay to be skeptical too
    We who regularly post probably all agree that the forum is great possibly that both you and your alter ego girlnoipogen make it interesting. You two have a good relationship. Spirits makes bold claims and girlnoipogen is right behind providing support. You two seem to have the same keyboard err schedule with writing styles and thought processes that seem the same.

Not sure I'd say this site is "democratic" as it is a privately owned site.
    Last edited by Football16; 28-04-2010 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Football16:
    ot sure I'd say this site is "democratic" as it is a privately owned site.
    Owned/run by/for racist pommies.
    Signed,
    igl.consulting

Quote Originally Posted by spirits:
    I don't mind their expertise, but when the accent is too thick and it impedes my learning, I feel like a waste of time sitting in the classroom.
    I understand what your'e saying. I am currently a postgraduate student at Tsinghua University studying for my MPA. Many of my lectures are hard for me to follow, and it feels like I'm treading water. However, much, if not all, of the reading materials assigned in the class is top notch, easily on par in terms of quality with my University of California undergrad. However, if you depend on somebody to digest information for you in the form of a power point lecture, you should probably look elsewhere. I actually applied and was accepted to a JD program in HK, and will be heading there this fall.
    Last edited by JonCal; 29-04-2010 at 12:19 AM.
    Football16 likes this.