confused abt HK working opportunity

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

confused abt HK working opportunity

Hi,
    I am currently holding a stable job in Singapore as a diploma holder with a current basic salary of est 9000HKD,(benefits include CPF contrribution,Annual leave & 1 month year end bonus.)
    My position is a administrator in a financial industry
    However,i believe that after i graduate with my degree this mid year,i may able to get 10000HKD to 12000HKD/month(after converted to HKD) as a local graduate

However,recently,i got a job offer through recommendation to expand my career path in the logistics industry.I have no relevant experience in this industry,however,the company is willing to take me in to their management Trainee program.Performance standards will be assessed and unlimited prmotion opportunities to managerial level to their expanding companies in other countires is possible with performance.

The package includes accomodation(did not mention abt utilities)
    Basic Plus allowance of 10,000HKD,
    The reminding benefits include:
    annual leave after 12 months of service,
    1 airticket to home country per yr.

Disadvantage:
    NO CPF
    NO mention about medical reimbursement or any form of insurance.

DOUBTS:
    i need to know if this opportunity is worth taking up & if any form of negotatiation should be raise because i do not wish to sound offending to the company when i do not have any form of relevant experience.But,on the other hand,the package that they offered is a fair bit lower than i can get in Singapore.

Is this from a multinational firm?

yes.Medium sized

orange82

i will tell this it depends on your nationality most cases people working overseas say, asian pay less than european or american. my cases i've been to saudi hongkong brunei my employer they pay me very less that what i expected.

i give my contract go home and went to school.

my opinion is that's not fair ask your employer for negotiation.

hi,

1) MPF contributions are compulsory in HK (it is the locla retirement scheme) 5% of salary deducted from employee and 5% paid by employer.

2) Most large/medium size firms offer include a basic medical insurance scheme, but it is limited , and normally kicks in after 3 month probation period.

3) In my opinion that is lower than I would expect for a graduate entry level position.

4) There is no harm in asking for further clarification of the offer. Does it include 13 month pay/bonus, medical, etc.

needless to say get confirmation in writing.

good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by JAherbert:
    1) MPF contributions are compulsory in HK (it is the locla retirement scheme) 5% of salary deducted from employee and 5% paid by employer.
    Yes, but it is possible to get exemption from paying if you can show to the satisfaction of the authorities that you are paying into an essentially similar scheme elsewhere. For example, if your multinational could be persuaded to continue paying into CPF while you are seconded to HK then you should be able to get out of paying MPF as well. In fact at the moment I have been able to get out of MPF simply by showing that I am committed to making significant monthly payments until I am 50 into a personal investment plan based in the Isle of Man (a UK offshore haven).

if accomodation is included then its probably decent, even though on the low side.
    logistic is a good area to go in now, esp in a good size mnc. the potential is there.
    u can negotiate but again, as i always said, they can find tonnes of hk grads willing to take up that job...

mpf in hk has a very low cap.. so usually we put it out of considerations.

Quote Originally Posted by freeier:
    mpf in hk has a very low cap.. so usually we put it out of considerations.
    At a salary of HK$20K per month... but since the OP is talking about salaries significantly less than that it is a factor...

Quote Originally Posted by Orange82:
    Hi,
    I am currently holding a stable job in Singapore as a diploma holder with a current basic salary of est 9000HKD,(benefits include CPF contrribution,Annual leave & 1 month year end bonus.)
    My position is a administrator in a financial industry
    However,i believe that after i graduate with my degree this mid year,i may able to get 10000HKD to 12000HKD/month(after converted to HKD) as a local graduate

However,recently,i got a job offer through recommendation to expand my career path in the logistics industry.I have no relevant experience in this industry,however,the company is willing to take me in to their management Trainee program.Performance standards will be assessed and unlimited prmotion opportunities to managerial level to their expanding companies in other countires is possible with performance.

The package includes accomodation(did not mention abt utilities)
    Basic Plus allowance of 10,000HKD,
    The reminding benefits include:
    annual leave after 12 months of service,
    1 airticket to home country per yr.

Disadvantage:
    NO CPF
    NO mention about medical reimbursement or any form of insurance.

DOUBTS:
    i need to know if this opportunity is worth taking up & if any form of negotatiation should be raise because i do not wish to sound offending to the company when i do not have any form of relevant experience.But,on the other hand,the package that they offered is a fair bit lower than i can get in Singapore.
    hi there
    what logistics is that regading shipping cargo -import/export logistics?
    is that multi national company?
    please let me know what company name.

if your company want to stationed you in hk then you may not get your work visa with the offers which you are stating....

firstly, the immigration may suggest your company to hire local as there are plenty of logistics clerks in HK are looking for jobs.

secondly, as from my previous experience, they only will look into managerial position with a total package of atleast HKD$20k, anything lower than that will take a hard to approve...so your company must make sure the housing worth atleast HKD$8k???

thirdly, prepare to accept that life here with HKD$10k cash month may not as good as what you are now in Singapore. IF you are getting HKD$9k in SG you may need to have HKD$20k to maintain the same kind of life style in HK...you will probly living in SGD$1k life in SG if you are getting HKD$10k

But in terms of work..HK is a very good place to develop yourself...you will find more challenge and competition here.....its good to work here if you are young and energitic.....good luck!!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast