Pls HELP - applying HK working permit

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Pls HELP - applying HK working permit

Hi,

I'm a malaysian chinese who can speak and write in English, Cantonese, Mandarin(Putonghua) and Malay, I have graduated with a degree in Electrical & Electronic Engineering in UK. Previously I got almost three years experience with the post of Engineer in Printed Circuit Board Assembly manufacturing company in Malaysia.

Due to some of my personal reason, I got no choice but have to quit my current job and looking for the new jobs in HK. Currently I have just received an offer from a HK company who intends to employ me that is quite similar with my previous job in Malaysia, however they don't how to answer HK immigration that

why can the post not be filled through local recruitment?

Can Engineer position be considered as a professional job in HK?

Is it very tough for applying a working permit in HK?

How can I convince HK immigration that I am different with others candidates?

How many percent to be approved by HK immigration for engineering job?

I really need somebody to help! any ideas for me to survive?

Thank You very much!

Quote Originally Posted by alan_lee:

[COLOR="Blue"]why can the post not be filled through local recruitment?

Is it very tough for applying a working permit in HK?

How can I convince HK immigration that I am different with others candidates?
    Hi, i can answer two of the questions i guess,

When i applied for my employment visa, i was asked no questions at the immigration deptt.
    my employer gave the reason that the post cannot be filled through local, coz they have many clients in India, and they need someone who could speak in there local language. I m an Indian. i got my visa. Your employer can also look for some kinda reason.

Good Luck.

Alan,

Hi I am msian working in HK now...hope you are not coming because of relationship..because I was!..haha...well but its all gone after 1 year of my arrival.

Your job profession seems not hard to get the working permit. My company did the same trick as mercury_element stated.

Your boss need to submit some financial statements which proof that the company is doing well in hk, also have to submit some proof to support that they have tried to hire locally but not successful(e.g. CV resume of failed applicants, recruitment advertisements).Then they have to explain why and they need you and how well you are fit into the position that they are placing you in.

Most importantly, your pay need to be significant enough to make the immigration believe that you are unique to your company.You will need a total package of atleast HKD$20k.....

Good luck and if you make it here lets have a gathering

Hi Links,

Am from Malaysia too and working in HKG. How long have you been here?

Hello! I'm Malaysian too... Do you guys mind telling me which path you took to get a job offer?
    1) Apply from Malaysia?
    2) Internal transfer?
    3) Quit and go to HK job hunting...

Thanks!

P/S : Sorry for hijacking this threat a bit...

i set my foot in china couple of yrs ago by applying the job from msia.....suffered alot of hardships there.

later then hire by a hk company....

prepare to work long hrs in hk...working till late night and weekend is common here...bosses are very demanding.

Hi Zane,

The best is if you can find a job with internal transfer. I knew mine through a contact, so i did not actually have to look for a job here. Dono much about that. It all depends on the industry that you are in and perhaps they need a foreigner more than local.

First of all, I would like to thank you all of you for your support, kindness and recommendations, hope I can get to convince the HK immigration in sooner.

Hi Links,
    Can you share to me further more that how do your company trick or convince the HK Immigration? As currently my company mentioned that only the professional jobs can be approved by HK immigration, however they don't know what is the position level can be considered as professional. is it only for engineer post? senior engineer post? or manager post?

Hi Zane,
    Actually, I do suggest that if you can come to HK to hunt for the jobs, as you can get the interviews very quickly. so far I have been staying in HK around 2 months and attending over 30 interviews in HK. However if you got more experiences, the chance will be more bigger. if not, trying to look for agents in malaysia, but I don't have any ideas about this.

Best Regards:
    Alan Lee

Hi,

Thanks all for sharing. It seems that each of you took a different path to secure a job in HK. Interesting...

I'm also in the engineering field. So far, what I've tried is applying from Malaysia without success. Gotta keep trying then...

Good luck with your work permit application, Alan...

Hi Zane,

Thank you Zane, hope you also can find a job in Hong Kong.

and hope to see you in Hong Kong.

See you

Best Regards:
    Alan Lee

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast