working permit for an international student.

Closed Thread

working permit for an international student.

Are international students permitted to work in hong kong during their studies?
    thanks.

In a word. No!

what about providing odd private tuition.. especially for those fluent in english?

Quote Originally Posted by bokchoi:
    what about providing odd private tuition.. especially for those fluent in english?
    It's still illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by bokchoi:
    nope. but you can work on the campus (less then 20 hours a week) or do paid internships.

International students working as private students is illegal. Bokchoi, I've noted that you will be going to HKU. Look at their CEPC website (Careers and Placement, CEDARS). They can help exchange students find internships. There is even an example of such a case on the website. I suggest you read it (Careers and Placement, CEDARS :: Career Stories). Contact them by sending a general e-mail ([email protected]) or directly contacting the Director of Placement, Ms Louisa Li ([email protected]).

For exchange students going to other universities, I recommend simply asking the unit in-charge of dealing with exchange students or directly contacting their careers centre.