can I get research assistant or associate type of job in biochemistry or biology?

Closed Thread

can I get research assistant or associate type of job in biochemistry or biology?

Hi all,
    Let me introduce myself, I Sudeshna Chowdhury.I have carried my PhD research work from Indian Institute of Chemical biology (IICB), Kolkata (A Govt. of India research institute) INDIA. My research activities were based on Biochemistry, Enzymology, Microbial Biotechnology, Cell Biology and Protein chemistry. I completed my Masters in Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering from University of Calcutta. I was employed as Research Scientist in a reputed Contract Research Organization at Kolkata for over eight months.

In March my husband has transferred to Hong Kong for official purpose. So I have left my jobs and moved to HK to stay with my family. I have got the visa initially for 1 year (will be extended later).
    How can I get jobs in HK thats suits my education and knowledge? I have posted my CV to some places but unfortunately I have not get any positive answer........please help

Last edited by sudeshna3; 15-05-2010 at 02:15 PM. Reason: spelling mistake in title

Nothing outperforms the network you can build and in this case your best bet is to establish contacts at research institutes (HK has several) and also the relevant university departments.

There are HK companies who buy feed for animals and this is another avenue for you.