Does anyone knows what publishing job involes?

Closed Thread

Does anyone knows what publishing job involes?

I am going to attend an interview of " English Research Writer "...

and the roles is for
    " Our fortnightly and monthly publications require an experienced professional to write/edit private equity related articles."

Their requirement is:
    " A working knowledge of finance industry in Asia;1-2 years experience at a leading international publishing house in publishing/ writing articles preferred;Native or equivalent English is a must;Strong Chinese in both Cantonese and Mandarin is an advantage;Exceptional attention to detail;Interest in Asia's private equity/venture capital markets;CFA candidate preferred;Fresh graduate will also be considered"

I guess it should be an job for editors, which I have really no any experience or ideas about that an editor do.

Please, if anyone knows about the position, or what does and editor do, even what is publishing house like, please feel free to give me some hints...

Thanks thanks thanks in advance...

I'm not trying to be rude, but why are you going to interview for an editing position when you have no idea what an editor is?! Please don't tell me they seeked you for this interview...

Quote Originally Posted by cosmokat:
    I'm not trying to be rude, but why are you going to interview for an editing position when you have no idea what an editor is?! Please don't tell me they seeked you for this interview...
    Well said cosmokat, You took the words out of my mouth but I didn't say anything in case somebody thought I was being a bit harsh.

Seeking, to be honest I'd suggets you not attend the interview as you'll be caught out and I'm sure they'd appreciate it if you don't waste each others time.

I totally disagree...

Why not go for the interview? The whole point is for them to find out more about you and for you to find out more about them and the job.

The best thing to do is research this position and the company on the internet. If you are REALLY not interested then obviously cancel the interview. But if you would like to learn more and you are even slightly interested go for it!

Plus, you NEVER know what can happen and who you might meet. I once went for an interview (it didn't work out) but the lady had a friend who was looking for someone, so I got an interview through her!

So, I say do as much research and if you are still keen then go for it!

Thanks guys...

The reason I applied this position is ---I am seeking for a job, and I fulfilled their requirement--- and by sending my application with my resume, they invited me for an interview...

And they didn't specified the real responsibility... just say " research writer ", and I am not sure it is about doing research or doing writing...

Anyway, I found it out today, because they are interested my quantitative background... other than the writing skills...

By now, I found, opporunity is on your hand, by trying to meet the right person, your world may change