Mileage

Closed Thread

Mileage

The other day we had one of our employees in Shenzhen drive us around in Shenzhen using his personal car. I told him to put the use of his car in his expense report and we would reimburse him. Probably not a good idea, because his expense report came back with the same cost if I would have hired a driver for the day. I obviously shouldn't pay him the same as a hired driver, because he is an employee I am already paying for his time.

In future I want to tell him how much we reimburse for miles on his car rather than him telling me. I just don't know what that figure should be. In the US we reimburse .32 USD per mile. I think it should be cheaper in China. Anyone know what a standard reimbursement for mileage (including gas) is in China? ie "X" RMB / per km.

Give an inch ....

I don't think most companies offer mileage around here. You'd be generous offering the cost of gas.

In HK (which is not the same as the mainland, I realize) the only way I have seen it done for employees who travel regularly is to give a monthly allowance for "local transport" which the employees can then spend as they wish. I've not seen any allowance for small ad hoc driving trips.