Diploma Holder Only

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Diploma Holder Only

Hi all, just wanna find out, is it easy for a diploma holder in sales and marketing to find a job in hong kong?

Do employers only look for degree holders?

I am hoping to come over for a 3 month stay end of this year and is hoping to find a job in hk, but with only a diploma is it sufficient? Or should i continue to stay in Singapore first to complete a degree?

I am a Singaporean. Is it easy for singaporeans to find jobs in HK?

Thanks all!

Not a question of what employers look for ... it is their ability to convince immigration that your skills are not easily availble in HK

Thanks, if that is the case, how difficult is it for them to convince?

Cos my expertise will only be in the field of marketing, advertising etc...

Add to that finding a job for 3 months only will be tough. The short term contract market is very small here.

>> Thanks, if that is the case, how difficult is it for them to convince?

Well, you have to ask yourself that question. Do you think you can sell yourself as being unique and convince the iMMD that you're legit?

(short answer .. VERY difficult with just a diploma and little experience)

Thanks nation, but to clarify, I am coming to hk for 3 months in search for a perm job, my visit pass will allow me to stay there for 3 months, which means i must find a job within 3 months lo....

Anyone has any idea how the marketing field is that in HK? More foreigners or more locals? I dont know what stands me out from them.. So unsure if they are able to justify hiring a foreigner.. This is what worries me..

Thanks Know It all, appreciate your replies..

sigh.. hope that I will be able to find something then. =)

Thanks again! ^^"

u might want to check out the job search websites to check out the job opportunities in HK.
    it should give u some idea of the job market here and the type of qualifications required for the position that you are seeking for.

I am a business degree holder and I was searching for Sales & Marketing jobs in HKG last year. I was a fresh graduate, no experience with little knowledge of Cantonese & Mandarin and top of that I was a permenant resident (born here). It took me a while (2.5 months) to find a sales job that I was qualified foreven though I dislike it now and working towards getting a Marketing job. I think you will find it even harder even through if you knew the local language (which most employers look for) you would stand a decent chance of gaining some sort of employment in your field of interest. Ideally I would recommend you staying back in Singapore and finishing your degree as well as learning Cantonese & Mandarin as this is a pre-requsite in the Sales and Marketing field here in Hong Kong. Good luck to you!

Quote Originally Posted by riyaaz:
    Ideally I would recommend you staying back in Singapore and finishing your degree as well as learning Cantonese & Mandarin as this is a pre-requsite in the Sales and Marketing field here in Hong Kong. Good luck to you!
    Agreed on this one. Finish your studies and get the language skills and you will increase your chances but it could still be tough without good experiece under your belt.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast