Woohoo, work permits!

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

It's very unlikely that they would know, but do you really want to run the risk (however small) of getting a criminal record so early in your career? And there are one or two other things to think about... like what happens if you get sick? If you don't have a HKID card or employer's medical insurance then medical care will be expensive... Where will you live? Accommodation here is expensive (absolute minimum US$1000/month for a reasonable place of your own) - can you afford to cover that cost?

And probably the show-stopper is that your employer would also be breaking the law and subject to significant penalties if caught? Are they the sort of company that would be happy employing illegal aliens?

PDLM is right, it's not that hard as long as you have the right docs, and it's easily proven that there is no local who can perform your job. It took me 3 weeks for mine.

i really hope that you get your visa....

but to reiterate... it isn't always easy...

we had EVERYTHING and then some when we put the applications in...we offered 150% of what they were asking for....the job was for a NET teacher... at the time the gov't was trying to recruit as well and having a hard time...

but, their response to us was... people in HK can do that job.... i thought, if that's the case, then why is the gov't actively recruiting from abroad????