Crisis management role sought...

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

>> I'm doing a case study on 9/11 right now.

All overrated in Asia in my opinion. 9/11 is great if your marketing plan involves a lot of FUD.

>> Kroll do pre-employment screening

Small part of their business. They do a huge amount of business espionage / intelligence and I do know they have a good number of ex spooks working for them. Takes a certain mindset to rise through the ranks in that company.

A 9/11 case study would help.

Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll:
    >> I know Kroll is world class company

Way too many spooks working for them. Fair bit of intelligence gathering going on ...

Interesting link ...

http://www.webb-site.com/articles/kroll.htm
    Huh, this article is 7 years old, and "Bob" was a contractor.

This is really OLD news. Anything more recent to justify your comments?
    Last edited by tsuiwah; 28-04-2006 at 04:17 PM.

What comment? That Kroll has a fair number of spooks working for them?

At least two folks from Kroll are members here and I've been drinking buddies with a couple of others from years ago. Seen them in action first hand when info needed to be rescued from China... and heard several stories which made me want to stop drinking with them.

Don't think I said anything bad about them .. just that they have a fair number of nut cases who live in a world of paranoia.

the article doesn't substantiate spooks theory... just the usual corporate pin the tail.... which could and most generally happens at any company headquarters... even yours...

"Not for nothing did a former executive of the company describe Kroll as "like a private CIA"."

...and we all know former employees are the best references...

But we can offcourse take your personal word for it... that your drinking buddies from kroll told you....

tsuiwah.... your case rests.. i think ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Football16:
    What am I missing in your post?

Is employee pre-screening and background checking not a big part of doing business in HK?

For the last part: No.

For the first part: You see what you are missing? Hong Kong is neither Europe nor the US.

Nobody cares for 9/11 in Hong Kong. That's an American issue only.

However, next Friday is Buddhas Birthday. Then all the fundamentalist buddhists of Hong Kong will gather for they annual march and speeches.
    Last edited by Expatriate; 29-04-2006 at 04:00 PM.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by southpacific001:
    Thanks all for the tips. At this point I'm only looking for part-time (I don't think I need a work permit for that),
    sorry to dissapoint, you need a work permit event for part-time.
    officially, at least

and while the risk management sector in HK is quite busy, the main focus is on SOX, not on disaster planning (most ppl in HK are not even aware that emails written from their corporate account might be not 100 % private! => they love to write applications from their workplace email => in such an atmosphere it might be hard to explain to them the benefits of something like 'disaster planning'. and as the last poster said, 9/11 is a non-event here, it is mainly regarded a US thing (true or not).

(one of these days I've got to track down the ip addresses that used to hit us from Kroll ... did think it was associated with one of our Indian members, which was unusual ...)

One more .. http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...80/ai_75916194

Wanderer : nice bit of baiting ...

>> At this point I'm only looking for part-time

Not possible .. unless you've been hired outside of Hong Kong and are here on a business trip. You cannot be hired in Hong Kong on a part time basis without a permanent ID or existing work visa.