Crisis management role sought...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Crisis management role sought...

Hi
    I'm planning to move to Shenzhen in early July for an extended period. I am currently based in NZ, doing a doctorate in crisis communication at the Waikato Management School. I am wondering what the crisis management / risk management sector is like in HK. Kindly, can anyone out there give me some idea?

I am seeking research or consultancy work in this field. I welcome input from anyone with knowledge of this sector in the HK / Shenzhen area. I only speak English at present.

Thanks, Paul

There is a Risk Management Institute in Hong Kong.

I'd say Crisis Management is expensive and is done only when the buyer is requesting it, like for quality management, therefore not so many companies are interested in it. You might want to wait until the next epidemic.

crisis mngt

Hi there - thanks for that. I'd have thought that crisis planning would be integral now, post 9/11 and SARS! Also, it's cost effective as the extent of crisis is correlated to the level of preparedness. In large companies it should be a major policy plank.

Are there any entrepreneur expats out there? This might be an opportunity (i.e., crisis planning solutions). Let me know if you are interested.

Regards, Paul

Cathay Pacific ' might' be looking for someone in crisis management....

Then there are always people like Kroll ... but I've heard you need to be a bit of a nutter to fit in.

http://www.krollworldwide.com/regions/asia/

Long Hair also has a consulting job following yesterday's court ruling to extend appeal prep. This gives HK & PRC govs extra and extended spying powers (all in the name of making the world safer from Terror - yeah right!

Watch out guys if your surfing those lovely booby pages! The gov might give your secrets away to your wives and girlfriends... or boyfriends in some cases.

Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll:
    Then there are always people like Kroll ... but I've heard you need to be a bit of a nutter to fit in.

http://www.krollworldwide.com/regions/asia/
    What am I missing in your post? I suspect that your smiley means an inside joke or something so forgive me for asking.

I know Kroll is world class company with offices around the world including HK. How big it is in HK I am not sure but it is significant in the USA for example.

Is employee pre-screening and background checking not a big part of doing business in HK?

>> I know Kroll is world class company

Way too many spooks working for them. Fair bit of intelligence gathering going on ...

Interesting link ...

http://www.webb-site.com/articles/kroll.htm

Thanks all for the tips. At this point I'm only looking for part-time (I don't think I need a work permit for that), team-based work, on sporadic projects. To give an idea, this could be crisis auditing, developing scenarios, etc. An interest is pandemic planning and preparedness; I will be devoting six months solely to a case study of the current pandemic flu from November onwards. Another interest area is intelligence and security. I'm doing a case study on 9/11 right now.
    Regards, Paul

Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll:
    >> I know Kroll is world class company

Way too many spooks working for them. Fair bit of intelligence gathering going on ...

Interesting link ...

http://www.webb-site.com/articles/kroll.htm
    Thanks for that link. Quite interesting. I knew that Kroll do pre-employment screening to make sure that resumes and education aren't falsified but was not aware of this part of their work. Interesting.

Spooky...lol

Thanks for that KIA!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast