Getting a facial

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Getting a facial

Where can a male get a facial in Tsim Sha Tsui?

Whats the price?
    How long does it take?
    What exactly do they do?

Thanks

What about a nice close shave too?

Thanks in advance

facials generally include the following:

deep cleanse
    tone
    exfoliation
    massage
    black head extraction
    brow tidy(for women at least)
    masks
    tone moisturise

most places should be ok to do facials for men as well as women
    try the intercontinental hotel

Not sure, but I think Fitness First at the Sheraton Hotel also offer beauty spa treatments.

http://www.fitnessfirst.com.hk/

Clarins has a location on Canton Rd. opposite of Harbor City/Marco Polo Ht, they offer facials for men and women. Clarins is a brand of cosmeticts that are plant based, I really like their stuff, have been using it for years. I did go to a local beauty salon on Canton Rd. and I did not like it, cleanliness is very important when you choose a beauty spa, sometimes to pay a bit more and have a clean place is better.
    Ballerina

Duration?

Price?

Does it leave any like marks that clear up in a few days?

Say i want to look good for friday, when shoudl i get it?

This help is great, thanks.

I usually go for a 60 or 90 minute facial, it really depends on the place and the treatments you want to have done. The longer ones typically come with foot / shoulder massages as well.

As for timing, plan to have at least 2 days for your face to recover. I sometimes have breakouts after a facial, it really will depend on how sensitive your skin is. If you want to look good for Friday, I would say go by Wednesday, you'll still be glowing by Friday, and if your skin is going to break out, it will take a few more days for that to happen as well : )

I had a great facial at Aveda in Central. It was pricy, but very professional and clean...I would just ask them not to use the electrical shock machine...I'm not sure what it is, but I didn't like it. Other than that it was great!

Good luck, hope you look fabulous on Friday!

any tips where to get the same on HK Island side?
    thanks

Guys can try Physical, which is available both in TST and Central. Reasonably-priced $150 and clean. I have recommended a male friend there and he likes it.

i'm a certified beauty therapist.

i just want you to know that as of now there is no gov't regulations regarding beauty treatments. and anyone can call themselves a beauty therapist.

many of the "local" places do not employ qualified therapists. They provide them with "on the job" training....i have experience of some of the local chains and if i knew then what i know now, there is NO WAY ON THIS EARTH i would go back again! i'm lucky that i came out unhurt.

make a few enquiries BEFORE you book an appointment.
    ask:
    1) are all of the therapists qualified. (look for city & guilds, ITEC , CIBTAC or CIDESCO qualifications)
    2) how are the implements sterilised?
    3) will you be using any electrical equipment during the facial?
    4) if yes, is the therapist qualified to use this equipment?
    5) once in the treatment room, ask the therapist what kind of mask she will be using on your skin and why. (i'm as white as a ghost and they actually put a whitening mask on me!!! i looked ill when i was finished)

that will give you a good start.

if ever you are uncomfortable, ask them to stop! i always told my clients what i was doing and if at any time they were uncomfortable to please tell me as everyone has different levels of comfort and everyone enjoys different things (some LOVED hot towel treatments instead of steam, some hated it.)

during the massage part of the facial, if at any time it hurts, tell them! everyone likes different amounts of pressure!

lastly...
    RELAX AND ENJOY!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast