Like Tree1Likes

Handbag wholesaler/ factory hongkong

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Handbag wholesaler/ factory hongkong

I am wanting to buy handbags and to have some made for a new business I am starting.
    There are handbags in the ladies market in hongkong that I am interested in but want to deal with factory or at worst the wholesaler so that I can get them at the best possible price.
    I have travelled to shenzhen and donggaun but not found the ones that I was interested in at the ladies market.
    Can anybody tell me where the stall holders usually buy their stock in hongkong. I need to be able to buy at cost and deal direct with the makers otherwise it appears I can go round in circles while everybody takes a cut.
    They of course will not tell me who their supplier is so all I have is product code.

If you are looking for legal (non counterfit) bags, then head over to Alibaba Manufacturer Directory - Suppliers, Manufacturers, Exporters & Importers - you will find dozens of factories, some with Hong Kong showrooms in there.

If you are looking for the dodgy kind, sorry, cant and wont help you.

HC

Thanks, i have seen alibaba but was wanting to try narrow my search to factories where the markets buy from and no not into countifeit bags and would not need help to sourcte them. They are clearly EVERYWHERE.

Ummm buy at cost? I assume that's a typo as nobody will sell at cost.
    Posted via Mobile Device

PM member cooljenny. She's in the handbag business and maybe able to help you.

Different stalls will have different suppliers. Even one stall may have more than one supplier. One of our friends sells bags and accessories over there and changes suppliers regularly. So as HC mentioned above check Alibaba, also look at Global Sources, HKTDC, etc.

Just a note. These traders have done their own legwork to find what they need. Be prepared to do the same. If you're not prepared to do that then it is not the business for you.
    Posted via Mobile Device

have you ever been to lai chi kok? theres a building that is literally crammed with wholesale stores selling the products you see in mongkok etc. it's really near the mtr exit.

Quote Originally Posted by SophC:
    have you ever been to lai chi kok? theres a building that is literally crammed with wholesale stores selling the products you see in mongkok etc. it's really near the mtr exit.
    Exit A, go to the Mall in front of you and up the escalators.

Hong Kong Industrial Centre in Lai Chi Kok would have some handbag wholesellers. (price may be higher than ex factory but you only need to buy 6pcs or so at a time)
    For factories, they will have a large MOQ that might not be very suitable for a new company.

There are also quite a few large wholesale markets in GuangZhou. You'll have better chance to find things there than DongGuan/ShenZhen.

There are also a few trade show each year. Suppliers would be there to showcase their products. Trade fairs like Fashion Access will probably have what you seek.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Exit A, go to the Mall in front of you and up the escalators.

Stupid question alert, but I have to ask: will they sell to the general public? And do you think they'd sell just one or two bags, rather than large quantities?

Living in hope here!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast