Kimchi?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kimchi?

I love this stuff. Anyone know a good place to pick up a couple pounds of quality kimchi for a reasonable price?

There this street in TST that's full of proper korean restaurants and stores... let you know when I find out the name of that street.

Jay,

You can buy kimchi in Jusco supermarket or Citysuper supermarket.

If you would like to buy or taste other Korean foods, you can go to Kimberley Street (between Observatory Road and Carnavon Road). This is do called mini Koreatown (i.e. some Korean groceries and restaurants)

Check this out!

Totem

Kimchi

Hmmmm, I cannot get enough Kimchi....they are sold in Jusco, Citysuper, Wellcome and some ParkNShop supermarkets. I forgot the name of the brand, but it's a grean and white alluminum packet. This one tastes far better than the other brand, which is in a plastic container.

mmmm... kimchi

being korean, i'd say the kimchi they sell at jusco, citysuper and the other supermarkets is not that good. most koreans i know, at least those that live on kowloon side, will go to the korean stores by kimberly road. you get all sorts of freshly-made kimchi and it's high-quality stuff as well as authentic. prices are also reasonable.

Last edited by lionrock88; 01-06-2006 at 12:33 AM.

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice

Make your own.Its a lot of fun

http://www.pyongyang-metro.com/kimchi/

you dont need to dig a hole in the garden,just put in the fridge.

Hermoine, is the brand name is Chongga? I love kimchi of this brand too, taste better than those fresh ones they sold in city super.

The Citysuper kind is far too sweet for my tastebuds. Thanks for the help guys, I'm going to TST tomorrow. My mouth is watering already I'll look for those packs while I'm out there....shoot, I'll even pick up an assortment to try

Kombucha I've been thinking about making my own too...I'll pick up some ingredients soon.

Ck123, yes, it is Chongga! But I will try making some using the recipe! Sounds fun!

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice
    Quote Originally Posted by jayinhongkong:
    Kombucha I've been thinking about making my own too...I'll pick up some ingredients soon.
    When you do tell me where you got the 'kim chi sauce' from.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast