Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By icer28

used books store

used books store

hi all, i'm new here on this forum. and i was wondering if any of you have any idea where i can find a good store for used books.

i don't wanna spend so much more for the new books at bookstores such as page one.

please help. thanks.

Hi greenietea,

FLOW is your answer. It's not that big but I found it to be a great one by HK standards.

Do you know where the mid-level escalator is? Well, follow it up the hill at ground level (I find it's easier to spot FLOW that way) until you reach Lyndhurst Terrace. This is the difficult part because it's VERY hard to spot the entrance. Cross the street, keep going on up a small set of stairs (there should be a small stall selling juice or drinks...) continue on a little bit more and the entrance is to your left. Flow is on the second level (you have to go up a flight of stairs down this APPLE GREEN colored hallway).

There's a Hot dog-selling place and a small ice cream shop across from Flow's entrance.

There are old copies of National Geographic for $5 HK, I bought a copy of Henry V for HKD $30 for a price range.

I'm so sorry if these instructions are bad... I use landmarks to get around HK - especially around the mid-levels.

Surdham likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by icer28:
    Hi greenietea,

FLOW is your answer. It's not that big but I found it to be a great one by HK standards.

Do you know where the mid-level escalator is? Well, follow it up the hill at ground level (I find it's easier to spot FLOW that way) until you reach Lyndhurst Terrace. This is the difficult part because it's VERY hard to spot the entrance. Cross the street, keep going on up a small set of stairs (there should be a small stall selling juice or drinks...) continue on a little bit more and the entrance is to your left. Flow is on the second level (you have to go up a flight of stairs down this APPLE GREEN colored hallway).

There's a Hot dog-selling place and a small ice cream shop across from Flow's entrance.

There are old copies of National Geographic for $5 HK, I bought a copy of Henry V for HKD $30 for a price range.

I'm so sorry if these instructions are bad... I use landmarks to get around HK - especially around the mid-levels.
    Icer,
    I like the bookshop "FLOW" very much.
    I can spend a whole day in here.
    The shopkeeper is very nice.

thanks icer!

ps. there was this store in pacific place, of all places, that had huge markdowns on books. we're talking 50-70% off. it was the on the ground floor i think.

This FLOW place sounds awesome... Me being me, however, am horrible at following directions - most likely, i'll end up somewhere in Cheung Chau if I even try. lol

But it sounds like something worth trying. I would really like to know where exactly Lyndhurt Terrace is. I know it is somewhere near the Wellington, Cochrane or something street crossover, but can you point me at a starting point.

Also, does anyone know the exact address of the shop? Perhaps I can look in a map! Haha

-hopeless at directions-

Hey Borderline, thanks for the heads-up about the pacific place store - I'll try to go next time I'm in Hong Kong.

Hey JC, "Flow":

Just scroll down until you reach the section on Lyndhurst Terrace. There's also a map at the bottom.
    http://www.hkstreet.com/central/cochrane.htm

Flow, 1st Floor, 40 Lyndhurst Terrace. Phone 29649483 <-- Um.. it might be outdated though but I got it off wikitravel

Happy Hunting! And it's really cool around that area cause there are some really good Chinese grub - cafes, noodle shops - and bar grub.

Thanks! Will go and look it up today :-)

It's interesting that HK has all these little hidden quirky places.. wish there was a guide that made them less..hidden lol

Quote Originally Posted by icer28:
    Hey JC, "Flow":

Just scroll down until you reach the section on Lyndhurst Terrace. There's also a map at the bottom.
    http://www.hkstreet.com/central/cochrane.htm

Flow, 1st Floor, 40 Lyndhurst Terrace. Phone 29649483 <-- Um.. it might be outdated though but I got it off wikitravel

Happy Hunting! And it's really cool around that area cause there are some really good Chinese grub - cafes, noodle shops - and bar grub.
    Finally found it! I thought it would be more complicated than that! I was thinking of taking a sleeping bag incase i'd have to camp out! hahaha...no no Thanks for your directions, they really helped - otherwise i wouldn't have been able to find it at all!

I loved it there! Lots and lots of books - can spend a whole day there. I would have too if i wasn't so broke! Did get some great books though

Yeah, I think it's the largest used bookstore in HK. Haha, the air conditioning inside is also nice for those long summer months as well.

Glad you found it nice and easy - I literally spent a whole weekend hunting for it.