Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By emmie

Vinyl Window Film

Closed Thread

Vinyl Window Film

I have two questions:

1. Does it completely block people from seeing into the room? Even with the light on inside the room?

2. If yes to the above, anyone know where I can buy it in HK?

Ta.

Just saw your (and another poster's) question (but hers, specifically requesting "Blackout Window Film") about something to stick onto windows, mainly for privacy...

I use a brand called 'Skylight Solar Window Film' for windows and glass pane bits of doors to get some UV-protection AND for privacy.

This thin stick-on plastic film is greyish see-through when up-close, but, from afar, is somewhat opaque (the degree of which you can choose as they have different grade types). However, you'd still see shadowy but definite movements of occupants inside when looking in from the outside - and probably more so if BRIGHT lights are on inside while dark out.

You can buy it from wallpaper/hardware shops. Think mine was from one of many wee DIY shops on Lockhart Rd (Wanchai).

BTW, 'stick-on (plastic/vinyl) film' in Chinese is 貼 膜 ,
    which in Cantonese is pronounced: TEIP -mok
    (Tip: Stress first sound/syllable, and don't aspirate the final consonant 'k').

While the phrase for 'glass window' is 玻 璃 窗 , pronounced BAW-lay Churng (or simply: churng = window).

ArKay likes this.

Thanks for that Emmie. I was looking for something that would completely block out other people looking in (for a walk-in wardrobe). Maybe a bit of wood's my best bet!