Shopping for my Wedding

Closed Thread

Arrow Shopping for my Wedding

I will be visiting Hong Kong, Shenzhen and maybe Guangzhou from Canada to shop for my wedding goods. I'm having trouble finding the best places to go as I do not want to waste my time shopping around for things. I rather just pinpoint a few "recommended" shops I should visit.

If any of you have any suggestions in where I can find a good quality yet inexpensive wedding gown (custom or off the rack), evening dress (custom or off the rack), Qi Pao and custom tuxedo, please advise. I was told Guangzhou's "wedding dress street" is the place to go, but I don't really want to travel that far for these items, if there's a good store in Shenzhen or Hong Kong I rather just stay in Shenzhen or Hong Kong because travelling back and forth from GZ might be inconvenient and expensive which will add to the cost of my dresses (I'll need to travel at least 3 times, 1st to purchase, 2nd for the fitting and maybe 3rd to pick up the dress).

I also need to buy wedding favours, invitations, accessories and would love to take pre-wedding studio photos. If you can recommend me some shops, that'll be great!!

We do not know how to speak Mandarin....would that be a problem?

You can PM me or reply to this thread. Thanks for reading!

Last edited by b2b; 23-06-2006 at 11:32 PM.

ok....2 places..

Golden Plaza in Price Edward
    many things u can get here but becareful, some cheats ppl..

Koon Nam Wah
    very famous triditional chinese dress tailor in hong knog.
    won't cheat ppl, experience tailor and one stop shop for all trad. chinese wedding accessories...

Shop 16-16A, G/F., Alhambra Bldg., 383 Nathan Rd, Kln.
    Tel: (852) 2381 4866