Fortress sucks!

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

John Lewis rules!

Price match and 5 year "no nonsense" warranty on a lot of products.

I am also abit annoyed about the fact that the shops here in Hong Kong carry a lot of old stock and the staff always see to lie about the products (talking tv's here, as I am about to buy one). Curry's and Dixons in the UK might suck and the staff might be ignorant about the products, but they do not lie to you about the products as far as I have experienced, Fortress' staff do, big time.

Last edited by automatic; 05-07-2006 at 10:55 AM.

Oh ya they do that too. Last week I was trying to buy 3 lcd's for our office, (in Fortress yet again) the store only had 1. We asked the sales guy to check stock in other stores and he went off, came back and said no. 2 days later in another store, lo and behold they had one and said no problem we can get you 2 more from other stores!

arggghhh, slap

Last edited by ReverendJay; 05-07-2006 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sylvesterjay:
    Oh ya they do that too. Last week I was trying to buy 3 lcd's for our office, the store only had 1. We asked the sales guy to check stock in other stores and he went off, came back and said no. 2 days later in another store, lo and behold they had one and said no problem we can get you 2 more from other stores!

arggghhh, slap

Thats because its too much hard work for the first sales guy.

why don't you go to wanchai computer centre for the lcd's?

in an underground bunker at an undisclosed location

(sigh!) ......and all this happens even after you have the likes of Andy Lau telling locals what good customer service is supposed to be....

hell,...maybe get him to do something about it...

Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll:
    Sylvester : Go to the store you bought from and ask to speak to the store manager.

They hate loud gwailos who make a scene and let their other customers know how bad their service is ..

1000% AGREE!!!

Another funny thing: They do sell plenty of USB products, but most of the stores don't sell any USB cables... isn't it weird???
    If you ask them for the reason they will just say "sorry, Sir!". They really like this expression and basically give a shit.... :-(

what blew my mind was the adamant refusal of the CSR to even take my name and pass it on to the manager. Over and over he just kept saying no! I asked the guy if he knew what the definition of CS was.

...and welcome to HK, land of happy smiling customer service
    Usually the service is in phase with the customer politness...but I might be wrong.

Thumbs up

hi guys,

What works like a charm in my opinion is to tell them that you are obligated to inform them that you are recording the conversation - for evidence - should the need arise for you to pursue your case legally ... managers, directors, ceo's, chairmen all of them get on the end of that line to listen to you.

i'm just a terrible person that way.

in an underground bunker at an undisclosed location
    haha, good plan...but I didn't buy the defective product in question, my landlady did. My air con is making a rattling loud racket and Fortress wants to take it out for 1-3 weeks to fix...I said no frickin way in this heat are you taking it out for more than a day without replacing it.
    Jay, why dont you contact the manufacturer or the distributor of the unit to see if they can help with the repair. Usually their crews are much more well-equipped to deal with these sort of problems.

Who knows, if you make enough of a fuss, they'll even provide you with a temporary replacement!

Seriously .. you expect them to bring you a spare aircon, install it, then deinstall it and reinstall the old one on return?

I'd like to see the Maytag man offer to do this ....

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast