Fortress sucks!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

No I expect them just to replace the defective one, not swap them around.

I develop some photos yesterday, the photo shop alters my photos without my permission. I ask for refund, then the staff refuse. After 30- minute quarrel, they refund. Chinese way of doing business = penny wise + dollar foolish, if i am in USA, i get instant refund in a second no question asked, i will never go to that shop again in my life.

Just too much hassle = shopping in Hong Kong.

I think the point is, why can't they just repair it there instead of taking it away at all?

I'd guess they make you do the stupid way to avoid honouring your warranty.They know many of us will just get it fixed by someone else.

Just too much hassle = shopping in Hong Kong.
    Nah ... you just get to know the places which value you, accept the fact that sometimes you have to pay a little bit more and then frequent those places.

Quote Originally Posted by tt2003
    penny wise + dollar foolish...i will never go to that shop again in my life.
    I have noticed this trend as well. They don't tend to think long term repeat customer, just how much cash can I pocket this second. If we never go back and shop there, they don't seem to grasp the 100% of nothing is still zero concept.

Quote Originally Posted by sylvesterjay
    I have noticed this trend as well. They don't tend to think long term repeat customer, just how much cash can I pocket this second. If we never go back and shop there, they don't seem to grasp the 100% of nothing is still zero concept.
    I am Chinese, I dont mean American does not like money, both American and Chinese likes money, but earning money strategies of American is much smarter. American will use strategies that make me willingly and comfortably paying much more in long term, they make me to visit their shops more.

Also, shopping in HK not equal CHEAPER

Lets say polo boxer, HK costs me over $200 HK dollars, but in US, Marshall, cost me $5 US dollars. Circuit City rebate is excellent, I alway get Free bank CD from CompUSA. Also, my favorite OUTLETS, Clean, Cheap, Roomy, Fresh Air is my comments.
    Last edited by tt2003; 05-07-2006 at 01:42 PM.

It's the usual story of treat others how you expect to be treated. Shop sales staff here treat customers like idiots. I wonder where these people go to when they shop? Do they shop or do they just rely on staff discounts? Maybe I've got it all wrong and they have no problem when they shop and get treated the way we do.

honestly, i think gweilos have it so much worse than the locals in terms of getting a refund. because they probably think the gweilos are rich and can't do much to threaten their reputation. which explains why everywhere in the world, the "tourists" or the "immigrants" get ripped off the most.

i usually bring along my digital recorder and threaten them in chinese. i usually tell them that i work for a major newspaper and that i would write a detailed report on the cover page to ruin their reputation.

that usually works. just be loud and annoying.

during the call I kept thinking, gawd I hope this is being recorded, as they say it might be for "quality"

I know someone who recently had a similar problem with air con purchased from Fortress. They agreed to move the fully functioning air con unit from the spare room into the room where the defective air con unit was, whilst they took the defective unit away to be repaired ...

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast