Fortress sucks!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sylvesterjay
    They don't tend to think long term repeat customer, just how much cash can I pocket this second. If we never go back and shop there, they don't seem to grasp the 100% of nothing is still zero concept.
    I am afraid this does not just apply to customer service, but also just doing business in general with the Chinese. I hate to sterotype, but that has been my experience over and over.

A link to a problem I had recently with Mobile Phone Direct Selling Centre.

Quote Originally Posted by sylvesterjay
    haha, good plan...but I didn't buy the defective product in question, my landlady did. My air con is making a rattling loud racket and Fortress wants to take it out for 1-3 weeks to fix...I said no frickin way in this heat are you taking it out for more than a day without replacing it.
    But as it wasn't you that actually purchased the unit what makes you think Fortress are obligated to do anything you ask? Surely you should being banging on your landlords door to get it sorted? He's the one that has supplied a defective unit to you, not Fortress.

Was 'x' number of working air-con units not specified in your tenancy agreement? If so then your landlord is the one duty-bound to sort it. It may be frustrating that Fortress CS appeared not to want to help but at least with your Landlord you could always try threatening to hold back some rent until he does get it replaced.

On a general note, I've gotta say from my experience, customer service in HK is a whole world better than in the UK.

Mat

As I said previously you usually get the service you deserve (except in a few cases of course). If you call them already looking all upset and ready to make a scandal then I would do like them and annoy you as much as I could.

Now when dealing with ppl around me in HK, I noticed that even if at first they might look rude or else, a smile and a few jokes can go a long way, so try to relax a bit, call them back nicely , explain your problem quietly not like a furious gweilo threathening to record or sue them (you ppl are really sick to do that seriously...) and it should be just fine....

Believe me a smile can do a lot...

I was being nice, my anger didn't start going up until this turd absolutely refused to pass my number to a manager...that is completely inappropriate.

Mat,
    You are right and I agree in principle after all innocent 'til proven guilty.
    My problem with "Mobile Phone Direct Selling Centre" was approached with a polite phone call from me to Mr Chan. He was polite back but when it came to the crunch he was not in the slightest bit interested in exchanging the item for one that worked. He even cut short our call to deal with someone coming into his shop - after all he already has my money.

Quote Originally Posted by Booga
    But as it wasn't you that actually purchased the unit what makes you think Fortress are obligated to do anything you ask? Surely you should being banging on your landlords door to get it sorted? He's the one that has supplied a defective unit to you, not Fortress.

Was 'x' number of working air-con units not specified in your tenancy agreement? If so then your landlord is the one duty-bound to sort it. It may be frustrating that Fortress CS appeared not to want to help but at least with your Landlord you could always try threatening to hold back some rent until he does get it replaced.
    I do a lot of things for my landlord- he is a nice guy and we have a mutual respect. It is often easier for me to deal with something than get involved in a triangle with him calling the supplier, then calling me, then calling the supplier, then calling me ad nauseum.
    The landlord could also be an old couple who have authorised the payment but can't physically get there in person, or overseas.

Personally I wouldn't have bought something like an A/C from fortress anyway, but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Booga
    On a general note, I've gotta say from my experience, customer service in HK is a whole world better than in the UK.
    Please send me some of your drugs.

Customer service better than in uk!

I am a member of WHICH and service in the UK has improved tonnes in the uk to the point that the advantage in consumer transactions in most cases is now with the consumer.

In the uk my printer broke after two weeks I took it back to currys and they switched it no questions asked on the spot.
    Tescos if they overcharge you oer miss an item out or undercharge you now give you the item free a refund and the value of the product back in cash on top, oh and they smile and the queue goes down quicker, than park and shop.

Yes public transport is better here, yes it is safer, yes i prefer the climate, restaurants are better, but customer service is certainly not better in the shops, banks, and utlities, its years behind the uk.

Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll
    Seriously .. you expect them to bring you a spare aircon, install it, then deinstall it and reinstall the old one on return?

I'd like to see the Maytag man offer to do this ....
    fortress did do it on a 42" sharp lcd that had dead pixels. they said they could only repair it but after going to the manager got the panel replaced with a brand new one. and at first it was going to be repaired they took away the original and installed a loan panel

personally, and thankfully, i havent had any problems with fortress, but had a friend who bought an ipod there. problem was the idpod wouldnt even turn on! and still, within their 10 day guarantee, they wouldn't change the bloody thing for him!

another aquaintance of mine is currently sueing fortress for a similar reason haha

By the way, from what i've heard, the repairs arent done with original company parts etc. they're cheaply made-in-china parts. then again the whole units are normally made in china. >.>

Last edited by -jC-; 06-07-2006 at 03:50 PM.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast