Like Tree1Likes

Cheap contact lenses - where to buy?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cheap contact lenses - where to buy?

I only brought 2 months worth of lenses back to HK. Over in Canada it usually costs me about 300CAD for a year's supply (12 pairs) at my optician's, online Canadian/US stores will run me half that price.
    I am nearsighted and have astigmatism. Usually use Bausch&Lomb Soflens Toric, tried using the newer Purevision but don't like it.

Anyone have any suggestions where I can pick up the same lenses for cheap?

Most opticians in HK sell contact lenses at a decent price.

Try prices for the big name retailers like Optical 88 and then pop into a few local opticians near where you work or live and compare the prices.

I have also found there is room for negotiating price if you buy a certain amount or are a regular customer.

Vrindavan likes this.

Just in case you weren't aware, Bausch&Lomb Torics now come in the daily disposable variety as well, which is a lot more convenient than faffing about cleaning them, and not much more expensive overall than monthlies plus cleaning supplies.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    Just in case you weren't aware, Bausch&Lomb Torics now come in the daily disposable variety as well, which is a lot more convenient than faffing about cleaning them, and not much more expensive overall than monthlies plus cleaning supplies.
    Daily toric lenses are limited though depending on your prescription.

For example, at present they don't do daily toric lenses for my prescription.

I think the prices are basically the same everywhere and they all have the same deals such as buy 6 boxes and get 1 free.

But last time I bought from Lenscrafters they gave me a $300 parknshop voucher. The other optometrists didnt offer this.

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    Daily toric lenses are limited though depending on your prescription.

For example, at present they don't do daily toric lenses for my prescription.
    Yes, true. I have the same situation, but decided that I preferred the convenience of dailies with a slightly less than perfect prescription to all the faffing about with non-dailies.

Get Lasik done then, even less faffing about.

True, for a while, but only until things start to change again.

i have made contact lens at lenscrafters before. they are pretty good and professional. good place to make contact lens.

>> Get them online, have them shipped to someone in the states or Canada and then have those people reship them to you.

many websites ship international direct.
    PM me if you need more info

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast