Phones

Closed Thread

Phones

I am looking to buy a new phone very soon, and I have narrowed it down to 3 choices:

SE m600i
    SE k800i
    SE w950i

being that the w950i is not out yet, i cant very well get that one...

I know the k800i is out here and the price is around 4500 HKD

has anyone seen the m600i around? anyone know the prices? i see it in magazines, and the web (including SE site) says its out already....but havent seen it in stores

My response might be late, as I now see this model all over the place. Have used one myself for the last 5-6 weeks and love it (once you update the firmware to the latest version...and I wish it was the 608 with Chinese text input), although the keypad takes a little getting used to.
    Bought mine in Argyle Street in Mongkok for a little less than HKD3,000. Now probably going for HKD~2,500.

Where is you phone originally from? 3 weeks ago when I asked around in Mong Kok all their M600i were from Britain.

Which languages are available on your phone? Is German bzw. Deutsch one of them?

And did you get your phone in black or white?

Last edited by dicesix; 11-07-2006 at 08:13 PM.

the w950i is hot...but i am not too sure about color...

how is the speed of the m600i? like when running applications, games, and running media player, etc.

also, how is the volume and the vibrate function?
    one thing i HATE about the moto e680i is when i use mp3 ringtones, the volume is ultra low; and there is basically no vibrate to it, so i constantly miss calls.

ohh...and whats the maximum memory you can put into it? i can only find 1 GB memory stick micros...whihc sort of sux

A few answers:

• Languages: After firmware upgrade (done via computer – download from SE web-site) you can choose between many languages (including German).
    • Speed: Is generally ok. Applications take a few seconds the first time they are started, but it will keep the most frequently-used 5-10 applications open all the time and those are quite zippy.
    • Volume: No issues on ringtones, you can crank it up sufficiently (hint: for MP3s might want re-encode with higher volume level on the computer; at the same can reduce the bitrate to keep the file smaller – no discernible quality impact for ringtone purposes).
    • Vibration: Is ok. Probably not quite as strong as I would like (think my Motorola V3x was a little stronger).
    • Memory: I am using a 1 GB MS micro and that has proven sufficient so far.

BTW, I have the black one.