Like Tree4Likes

furniture shopping!!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

furniture shopping!!

Hi, any thoughts on where i can pick up some nice furniture without breaking the bank!! and preferably not ikea!! looking mainly for bedroom furniture.. thanks alot..

Me too. went to south horizon for outdoor furniture yesterday. Too expensive. Thinking about going to China to get them made. Anyone can recommend a place?

We ended up going to Goods of Desire... in TImes square. They were pretty good actually considering all we knew is that we didnt want to go to Ikea!

PriceRite and DSC

Vrindavan likes this.

Another alternative is Ulferts. They've got stylish designs.

Ulferts Hong Kong 歐化傢俬

Quote Originally Posted by Raccon:
    PriceRite and DSC
    PriceRite and DSC are significantly worse than ikea, equivilent to early 90's MFI and argos, cheap, don't last long and not very nice to look at, but similar price to Ikea.

on the other end, Ulferts is quality pretty high end, but also very pricey.

try jusco in talkoo shing or megabox in kowloon bay, which is more in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    on the other end, Ulferts is quality pretty high end, but also very pricey.
    Yeah they can be a bit pricey but if you go their flagship showroom, you might find some bargain. For me, I find GOD to be more exie than Ulferts if you consider the size of their furniture. GOD tailors average flats in HK.

Ulfert sofas are at a premium price, but they are very luxurious and very well made and super comfy to european standards.

Check out GeoExpat classifieds. You can get a lot of good stuff very cheap there.

Check out emax in Kowloon bay. Inside the HITEC building. They have 2 floors (5/F and 6/F) full of furniture stores. Its walking distance from megabox. Also you can walk from the MTR but probably not in this heat. They have a free shuttle bus from the MTR underneath Telford plaza phase 3.

Another option is Shatin HomeSquare. Its the same building as the IKEA in Shatin. Lots of furniture shops on 3 or 4 floors before you go into the IKEA.

Another option is HOMEWORLD at Whampoa (Hung Hom).

leopard and con101 like this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast