Finding flower tea balls

Closed Thread

Finding flower tea balls

I went to Beijing once and bought flower tea balls. For those who never heard of them, they're handtied tea balls. Once brewed, the ball 'blooms' revealing a hidden flower.
    Heres a picture: http://images.dragonwater.com/images/products/588.jpg

Has anyone seen these in HK or might know of some specialty tea shops that might have them?

thanks in advance!

rolders

China Arts & Crafts, Star House, Tsim Tsa Tsui sells these things. Not cheap though!

They sell for about $5+ each in the US. Is that around the same there?

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice

there is a little store selling teas in the ground floor arcade of Vicwood Plaza, next to Pacific Coffee. Vicwood is next to WIng On Sheung Wan.

What you are looking for is white tea, which is picked as a bud and still has the white down, so looks like a hair ball. Said to be even better for you then green tea-and more expensive

kombuchakid, the white tea sounds interesting but what I'm looking for doesn't look like a white hairball.
    it's actually a hand-tied teaball, with a flower inside.
    the picture link is in my original post.

tea balls....

They have these "tea balls" for sale at the Tea House in Hong Kong Park. The tea room is part of the tea Museum within the gardens, I can't remember the name of the place but it's near to the Pacific Place park entrance. The tea comes in different flavors (peach jasmine is a fav of friends) I buy them as giftsto take home as they always impress!!!

The tea room is also a great place for a quiet, relaxing vegetarian yum cha and very affordable. Friends and I go often and just order one of everything listed on the menu.

Very pleasant
    enjoy!
    b.