Ceramic straightner

Ceramic straightner

I am looking for a good qualily ceramic straightner (not the one that has a ceramic coating). Got one from the US when we moved here; but blew it. Bought one in HK from Fortress, but it is only coated with a thin film of ceramic. I need an all ceramic one; the Fortress kind damages hair. Does anyone have any idea where I can find it?

Thanks in advance!

My wife bought hers from Toni and guy or Paul Mitchell or something- it was expensive but the results are excellent.

Can you tell me how expensive was it?

I brought one for 650hkd. It was recommended by my hairdresser.

Wow, thats expensive! In the US ceramic straightners are available for $20, which is like HK$220 or so.

You could buy them in Mannings for HKD150 a few months ago- they were probably about as good as the USD20 ones. Professional ones are over HKD1,000 which leaves a good consumer one somewhere in between.
    Thin ceramic, which you will get on a USD20 one will burn or dry your hair which means you will end up spending more on treatments.
    I'm a male and I can work that out.

Last edited by Lammarite; 25-08-2006 at 10:07 AM.

I was in DESPERATE need of a ceramic flat iron myself. I finally ordered one off of Folica.com for $150 (US). I received my SEDU in about 5 days. I can only imagine I would have received it within 3 days had I not ordered it on a Saturday night....they only ship on weekdays.
    I LOVE my SEDU and can't imagine what I would do without it. I'm an African American woman so the beauty salon options were VERY limited. I did search around Hong Kong shops and chat rooms to see if there was another option than ordering online. There wasn't! On top of the quick delivery, there's also a 1 year warranty. Go figure.

Sedu

Hi Nykkib,

I'm interested in getting a Sedu myself from Folica. Is it really good? Do they sell one which fits the voltage in HK? Can one pay by credit card? And how much was the shipment cost?

Thanks.

Ive got some good straightners from hong kong!The work well on my hair...but im sure the pollution is making my hair darker...and i want to stay blonde hehe!but its going a darker blonde now!I find that Hong Kong makes your hair go quite frizzy anyway..not too sure why:S
    i bought my straightners from watsons in causeway bay