Like Tree1Likes

Return/ Exchange Policies

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

If you buy a product here better make sure you love it because chances are you will be stuck with it for life even if there turns out to be something wrong with it. I don't believe it is worth shopping in Mong Kok for more expensive items - there is little in the way of come back. However, I have have had good experiences in the bigger shops - Broadway exchanged a damaged PSP for me outside the warranty period with little hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by discobay:
    The AMEX Gold charge card is free for the first year.
    it's actually free for life if you autopay your electricity

The AMEX Gold charge card is free for the first year.
    Actually, when you do get billed for the annual fee on the AMEX Gold charge card, you can call up the card centre and ask for a waiver (same with nearly all credit card companies). Guess, it will be dependent on how they rate you as a customer though.

Quote Originally Posted by glue:
    i think mandarin and casual dress is the official language and uniform of a tourist.
    Probably not if you have a non-chinese face and use a local credit card.

Quote Originally Posted by coolgirl:
    it's actually free for life if you autopay your electricity
    How does that work? Thanks!

Thumbs down Use your warranty

Quote Originally Posted by Asian1:
    What is the law here?
    Last time I checked, the US Federal Gov't doesn't have a law on return/exchange policy.
    Refund policies are CORPORATE policy, not a law.

Example:
    Store A says, refund within 30 days.
    Store B, refund within 7 days.
    Store C, no refund, store credit only.
    Store D, no refund or exchanges. period (rare, but it exists)

With all the varying policies and instances where store D doesn't allow any type of refund/exchange, it is not possible for an existing US Federal law governing return/exchange policies.

Often, US stores do not allow returns of electronic goods. They tell the buyer to bring the item to the manufacturer.
    There is even a sticker in my Sony camera box that says, "Do not bring back to store, send to manufacturer"

Which brings me to....
    Why don't you contact the phone's manufacturer?
    Their materials, their design, their product. They made it.
    Instead of blaming Mong Kok or the HK government, you should take your problem to the manufacturer.

Refer to your 1 year manufacturer's warranty, which covers defects and repairs.
    Last edited by spork; 09-08-2006 at 01:11 PM.

Merry Christmas ppl,

Des anyone know if HMV in central have an exhange policy? I got two of the same DVD boxset as presents but have the receipts.

Loz

They have an exchange scheme for items bought online so I would assume they will also exchange items bought in-store and you still have the receipt.

HMV Hong Kong - Help : Exchanges

that makes sense. thank you.

Agreed for credit cards issued by HSBC and Citibank who do nothing more than act as switchboard operators when you get into a dispute with a retailer. AMEX are a whole lot better. Claims procedure for me was effortless.
    Actually HSBC Premier offer the same policy as AMEX, global insurance and protection on purchases, etc, very neat.