crap furniture, crap service

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

crap furniture, crap service

[edited: user has melodramatically requested that their post be edited to prevent "albert ho" type incidents]

so if you're going to macau to buy furniture, i suggest you avoid this shop, you won't get quality and you won't get service. you'll end up pissed off and angry and write a blog.
    Last edited by KnowItAll; 05-09-2006 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Edited at user's request

you should cross post this on the LP thorn tree as there was someone asking about furniture in Macau on it just the other day. You might be doing them a big favour.

Not that I'm condoning it but being snipped at by gals here and having them hang up is very very common.

I have dealt with these people before and had no problems. Great value, great service. Perhaps you guys started off on a bad note.
    FYI I had Christy even find me some restored antique beds and she arranged them for me at a very good deal.
    They do like dealing with one person to avoid any problems later as they often get couples in who cannot make up their mind.

Perhaps you should try working it out with them.

Quote Originally Posted by wildchild:

replaced. after much back and forth, christy agreed grudgingly. then the delivery guys asked for payment for delivery which we told was supposed to be free. again we called christy and she said to give them HK$150 as a token. so we did since we were tired of arguing.
    Delivery is free. It's quite normal to pay the delivery guys $150 as they spend quite a while putting it together for you.
    Last edited by jgl; 01-09-2006 at 10:52 PM.

A simple rule of thumb .. if the first ever post someone makes, is a major rant, they're either going around copy / pasting the same stuff (because they're genuinely pissed off).

OR .. they could be a competitor.

Without any posting history . there is absolutely no way to verify the person's intentions.

I'd bet they don't bother coming back here to post a reply.

thanks "know it all", obviously you don't. people should be warned about sub-level service in this town. we paid premium prices only to be treated like dirt. maybe you should pay a visit and check them out yourself. but if you're a western man, ask for christy and she will give you her biggest smile.

wildchild : I'm not a western man .. and we've bought a fair bit of furniture from them over the years.

All I'm saying is... we need to be a bit wary about people who just use geoexpat for the purpose of complaining or slamming a business.

Imagine walking down central and someone you don't know comes up to you and warns of some random restaurant or shop.

I'm sure you have a legitimate reason to vent... but hey, we've been running online communities for close to a decade now and tend to know how to spot the problem threads.

Finally, we tend to be carefull of posters who have regsitered using throw-away email addresses and shrouded themselves with secracy (about 70% of our registrations come from valid ISP / work / school email adddresses). Also a "do not receive emails from the admin" is a sign that the person really has little intention of staying in touch with the site or the community, we call it a drive by registration.

Go figure ..

so you're a satisfied customer, no wonder the defence shield.

and this is the beauty of the internet( i assume knowitall is not your real name), wildchild isn't mind either - go figure.

hahaa.. it's really amazing how some of these ppl think. they still dun understand what is being said...

just ignore the person... tiring.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast