buying wall decals

Closed Thread

buying wall decals

hi, can i find out where i can buy pretty wall decals in hongkong to decorate my plain walls at home? any places besides IKEA?

DNA store/department store, 2nd or 3rd floor, store in corner with lifestyle products have many designs, mostly in black, some with colour

yahoo auction has same/similar designs ( sadly chinese only)

decal are cool for what they are as well as relatively cheap and easy to use, but they are not professional products (no interior designer or few decorators use them) as walls uses usually painted in matt finish, while nearly all decors stickers are slightly or very shiny, thus, stands out like a sore thumb ( better usage is behind a frosted/clear glass).

alternatively, professional decorators or deisgners may copy /trace these designs on to a flat sheet of cardboard/plastic and use them as stencils with real emulsion paint, looks way better and the matt finish will match the original matt paint work.

DNA department store is on corner of cameron rd and chatham rd south, near exit p3 tst.

yahoo auctions (cheaper place to buy them)

[url=http://hk.search.auctions.yahoo.com/search/ac?p=wall+sticker+%C0%F0%B6K&cat=0&type=0]wall sticker

there are a lot of really cool paintings for cheap at cat street

Quote Originally Posted by dumbdonkey:
    there are a lot of really cool paintings for cheap at cat street
    how cheap is cheap? a few houndred dollars, I believe that the OP is refering to large decals (size vary from around 50cm to 200cm) costing from HK$100 to HK$300, could you get a painting for that price? last time i was looking for a painting (watercolour) in sheung wan, central jordan and monkok, prices started at HK$300 for a very small one and up to HK$5000 for large piece.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Marguerite-Gribouilli - it doesn't have an actual website, but you can see some of the items on the blog:
    http://www.marguerite-gribouilli.blog.com/

The shop is in Wanchai.

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    how cheap is cheap? a few houndred dollars, I believe that the OP is refering to large decals (size vary from around 50cm to 200cm) costing from HK$100 to HK$300, could you get a painting for that price? last time i was looking for a painting (watercolour) in sheung wan, central jordan and monkok, prices started at HK$300 for a very small one and up to HK$5000 for large piece.
    very very cheap. anywhere from $200 up. these are second hand / junk items. I collect junk oil paintings of junk in hong kong harbour. prices vary a lot and you have to haggle. most of the paintings are mass produced. paintings might be crap, but they are usually in a very good frame.

it is better to go a on sunday when the races are on. they are less interested in haggleing with you.
    Last edited by dumbdonkey; 04-08-2010 at 01:06 PM.

thanks for the advice Imparanoic!