Where to buy suits in Hong Kong?

Closed Thread

Question Where to buy suits in Hong Kong?

Hi there,

I will be visiting Hong Kong next week, and was wondering, is HK a good place to buy a suit? I would presume it would be cheaper than in Canada and the UK, where I frequent and reside these days.

I don't mind, tailored or ready-made. I'm ethnically asian so I imagine HK would be good for me to buy clothing - about 170cm (5'7"-ish).

If so, does anyone know any good places?

I know tailor-made suits will vary, but does anybody have any idea how much nicer (not crappy cheap ones) ready made suits are?

Thanks for any info!

Edit: Some more info - I'm looking for mid-range to cheaper high-end suits. I will be in HK for a week.

Last edited by hktaiwandude; 04-08-2010 at 08:25 PM.

The last time I was in HK, I went to a mall called the 'Hollywood Plaza' in Mongkok. There are two levels with lots of small units that sell non- tailor made suits for approx $500 HK dollars, they even offer alterations with the price.

The suits are mediocre and would be suitable for everday workwear, if you are looking for quality then this isn't the right place!

I don't tend to get shirts there as the collars are a bit too retro for my liking...

Geo really should have some FAQs... questions about tailors have got to be in the top ten for this site.

http://www.geoexpat.com/forum/thread109201.html

what is the obcession with tailors here? they're not even that much cheaper (for thier quality anyway) zegna has nice ones for guys, i like!