Do NOT go to Jantzen tailor

Closed Thread

Do NOT go to Jantzen tailor

Terrible.

Went with the simple request of 2 fitted shirts and a pair of trousers.

4 fittings for each, each time wrong, each time trying to clearly and politely say what it was i wanted.

Each time them trying to convince me that it was fine.

Sorry lads, "one leg is bigger than the other" is not a justification for the trousers not fitting. Meant to be custom made- that's what I'm paying for.

Seriously rude staff too.

Don't do it- plenty more out there, and these guys are complete cr@p.

Los Angeles as of right now. When I move to HK, the back alley of some awesome restaurant

I agree! I went in after a friend recommended them and they barely got it to fit by the fourth fitting. Perhaps my body type is not one they normally encounter so less experience with it but I thought that's why they measured me. I have an hour glass figure but somehow, when I went in for my first fitting, the extra room for boobs were placed in the back!

The only good thing about the whole experience was that they were willing to do multiple fittings.

Most HK tailors are geared towards men. I've asked several reliable ones about fitting for women, and they are pretty upfront about the results likely to be hit or miss.

Jantzen is quite obviously not geared for making women's clothing, or unusually proportioned male clothing- they just churn out cookie cutter shirts with minor variations. They are more of a made-to-measure operation than a bespoke tailor.

This is one of those situations where you get what you pay for.

I don't expect to pay anything to be served by a sullen tw@t.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    Most HK tailors are geared towards men. I've asked several reliable ones about fitting for women, and they are pretty upfront about the results likely to be hit or miss.

Jantzen is quite obviously not geared for making women's clothing, or unusually proportioned male clothing- they just churn out cookie cutter shirts with minor variations. They are more of a made-to-measure operation than a bespoke tailor.

This is one of those situations where you get what you pay for.

Then you're in the wrong city, buddy. Get used to it.

I noticed a hint of rudeness, but definitely sensed they were overloaded with orders. I did a test run with my first shirt order, and it came out almost right, except that the arm holes were a bit low, and it sorta flared at the bottom sides for some strange reason. Second shirt I made, I requested for one an inch shorter, so the flare wasn't as apparent. Sleeves didn't get corrected though, so I guess the cookie-cutter statement is true. Overall both shirts were a tad lose. I want to try them again one more time, but prefer someplace else with better materials & a higher level of customer experience. Have to be honest though, the senior lady was very helpful & accommodating during the fits & requests, whereas the younger dude looked one step away from raging.

Well, every business which appear to be overloaded with orders has usually rude staff or owners. The attitude is like "you get it the way it is or f@@k off, I have a line of customers outside". And in my experience that applies to any industry and escpecially to small family run businesses.

I have been to Kwun Kee tailors in Macau (there are several in HK) and while it appeared they overcharged (i didn't mind because it was to be made asap) the quality was not as expected.

Somehow when I stay in Asia (whatever country) I don't have high expectations for customer service and quality.

I just came back after 3 months in Europe and I can feel the hit :-(

Last edited by alfeno; 23-12-2012 at 10:54 AM.

So can people recommend any great tailors in HK or TST?

W W Chan
    A Man Hing Cheong
    Ascot Chang
    Gordon Yao
    Willam Yu

You can try in star house if u need cnct details pm me