Like Tree1Likes

Where to buy an icecream maker?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Where to buy an icecream maker?

I tried Fortress, Sogo, Wingon,... no icecream maker I am desperate to find one in Hong Kong Is someone know where I could buy one?

I found some models on internet but they are delivery from US and the cost is the double of the price because of the shipping... not good.

I found 2 interesting models on Alibaba but the seller seams not interested by selling 1 piece only.

Cuisinart 1-1/2-Quart Automatic Ice Cream Makers products, buy Cuisinart 1-1/2-Quart Automatic Ice Cream Makers products from alibaba.com
    or
    Cuisinart ICE-30BC Pure Indulgence 2-Quart Automatic Frozen Yogurt, Sorbet, and Ice Cream Maker products, buy Cuisinart ICE-30BC Pure Indulgence 2-Quart Automatic Frozen Yogurt, Sorbet, and Ice Cream Maker products from alibaba.com

12 units minimum... it's a lot for me Ok I want to make my own ice cream without sugar and good fruits but 12 robots... no way!

So any idea? Thanks in advance for your help!

why don't you try making sorbet or something? or some kind of ice cream that doesn't require you to use a machine. i have seen recipes online that teach you how to make ice cream without using a ice cream maker.

Kenwood - Customer Service

Call Kenwood HK and ask them if these models are available here...

Kenwood - Smoothie makers, Juicers, Ice Cream Makers, Kenwood

few month ago we saw some models by wing on and by fortress, tip: try different fortress shops, they have different products in each shop.

I deeply recommend you ice maker from gaggia. it´s more expensive then other brands but you will really enjoy the ice! and unlike the most other makers you dont´t need to prepare your icecream 12+ houres in advance!

you find their products in Tern Centre, Queen’s Road Central (hope they are still there...)

good luck and fun!

I've a kenwood mix master and they have ice-cream maker attachment you could add to it. it work great! we love it

Thanks a lot for all your replies! I will go in queens road tmr to see if I can find the gagglia one! I already contacted Kenwood also and I am waiting for their answer... thanks!

For the hand made recipe I found few too but you need usually to turn manually the mix every 15mns during minimum 3 hours to avoid the ice effect... so it is not really practice but it stay the last solution I can envision

Will keep you posted in case that could help other
    Have a good week-end to all of you!

Last edited by Loulina; 07-08-2010 at 02:24 AM.

So the Kenwood ice cream maker is no more available this year in HK according to the customer service Too bad. The gagglia is too expensive for me and the robot is big. My husband found a shop where they sold some Cuisinart ice cream maker (the one I wanted initially) but they are out of stock and they will have new delivery at the end of august. It stay a good backup plan if I found nothing before. The shop was in Prince Building, Central, floor 3 for reference. I will continue my quest starting to contact Cuisinart directly as I did for Kenwood!

Good luck on your quest i hope you get it before summer is over!
    we just made green tea ice-cream last night from out tiny kenwood mix master ice-cream attachments. it turn out sooooo good! when you get your ice-cream maker we can share recipe!

It seams every shop I go is out of stock. I went to Pantry Magic yesterday in Central where they sell some Cuisinart stuff (Pantry Magic Hong Kong Home). Nice shop, but no more ice cream maker... I am not done and I will find one

Thanks chocolatekisses for your message! I am sure your ice cream was great yesterday, lucky you! We stay in touch for the recipe, with pleasure

Done!! I finally found one in Prince Building! I bought the Magimix "Le glacier". It was not exactly what I was looking for as a part of the robot need to be frozen in advance to use it. But the price, the small size and the fact that it was in front of me was appealing So I tried my first strawberry ice cream yesterday and guess what... it was good! I need to find good recipes now to practice chocolatekisses I am waiting for you

Thanks again for your help

Last edited by Loulina; 16-08-2010 at 05:47 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast