Where to buy a Canon EOS 400D? Or Nikon D80?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

with regards to canon, i know when you buy here in hk it has a hk/china warranty... but if i'm not mistaken it's 2 years for hk and 1 year for china.

there's no int. warranty for canon bodies... no matter what a salesman tells you!

D80 is the best choice, its specification better than 400D

www.fotop.net/zivlai

hi ... I m from Slovakia (Europe) .. do you know how it is when I want to buy a DSLR in HK? Do I have to pay some extra fees? CLO some taxes ? ..

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zivlai
    D80 is the best choice, its specification better than 400D

www.fotop.net/zivlai
    I saw this gallery really gorgeous pics ... but I thing it depends on the lens you use .. you can even have canon eos 5D but in kit with 18-55 .. what photos would it be?

I like better canon than nikon

G'Day
    I Recently purchased my Canon 400D Kiss Digital-X which is the slightly better model of the 400D.

I went Canon because I have always had Canon Cameras and found them reliable and with great results. I still have my prehistoric Canon AE1 and that still works a charm today!

I did not really want the basic EF-S 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 lens. (It feels like plastic!) I had my eye on the Sigma AF 28-300mm f/3.5-6.3 DG Macro which was much better value for money then the Canon lens.
    So we did a trade. He gave me the lens for $950HK and he kept the 18-55mm. It's a far better lens then the basic one that Canon supplies and you can do a lot with it.
    I ended up with a 1 Gig & 2 Gig memory card, lens protector, all cables, charger, extra battery, CDs and camera bag. He threw in the power plug adaptors to suit Australian outlets. The salesman put the camera through its pace. Let me take shots myself to get used to the camera. All up I paid $11200HK. The shop is "Global Star" in 27-33 Nathan Road, Kowloon. I was also surprised that they took my Australian Dollars of a high rate of $7HK for every $1AU, of which I could not even get through money changers in Chungking Mansions! Which was also a bonus!!!
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by AussieDave
    G'Day
    I Recently purchased my Canon 400D Kiss Digital-X which is the slightly better model of the 400D.

I went Canon because I have always had Canon Cameras and found them reliable and with great results. I still have my prehistoric Canon AE1 and that still works a charm today!

I did not really want the basic EF-S 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 lens. (It feels like plastic!) I had my eye on the Sigma AF 28-300mm f/3.5-6.3 DG Macro which was much better value for money then the Canon lens.
    So we did a trade. He gave me the lens for $950HK and he kept the 18-55mm. It's a far better lens then the basic one that Canon supplies and you can do a lot with it.
    I ended up with a 1 Gig & 2 Gig memory card, lens protector, all cables, charger, extra battery, CDs and camera bag. He threw in the power plug adaptors to suit Australian outlets. The salesman put the camera through its pace. Let me take shots myself to get used to the camera. All up I paid $11200HK. The shop is "Global Star" in 27-33 Nathan Road, Kowloon. I was also surprised that they took my Australian Dollars of a high rate of $7HK for every $1AU, of which I could not even get through money changers in Chungking Mansions! Which was also a bonus!!!
    Cheers
    the Kiss Digital X is the same banana as the Digital Rebel XTi. it just comes from Japan. (so i presume that doesn't have HK warranty and probabaly just a shop warranty). Another thing is, how'd you reach up to 11,200 hkd just for a 400d + lens and a few memory cards?

just based on your description, I think you've been had here. not to mention you mentioned you got it from a store on Nathan Road which is a big no no. could you elaborate on everything that came with the package?

Quote Originally Posted by TaLL|dUdE
    the Kiss Digital X is the same banana as the Digital Rebel XTi. it just comes from Japan. (so i presume that doesn't have HK warranty and probabaly just a shop warranty). Another thing is, how'd you reach up to 11,200 hkd just for a 400d + lens and a few memory cards?

just based on your description, I think you've been had here. not to mention you mentioned you got it from a store on Nathan Road which is a big no no. could you elaborate on everything that came with the package?
    Agree- this may be painful to watch........

Quote Originally Posted by Lammarite
    Agree- this may be painful to watch........
    this looks like a very painful lesson indeed.... i could have gotten a 40d already with that price.

Sorry Guy's I think I led you down the garden path here.
    I just looked at my receipt to check everything you guys said.
    My blew here. There is a PSP Slimline as well, added to the bill. So take off around 1400HK.
    The Camera is around the $9800HK mark!!! Sorrry Guys!!! I Stuffed Up!!
    Was $9800HK a good deal????

Quote Originally Posted by AussieDave
    Sorry Guy's I think I led you down the garden path here.
    I just looked at my receipt to check everything you guys said.
    My blew here. There is a PSP Slimline as well, added to the bill. So take off around 1400HK.
    The Camera is around the $9800HK mark!!! Sorrry Guys!!! I Stuffed Up!!
    Was $9800HK a good deal????
    Sigma AF 28-300mm f/3.5-6.3 DG Macro = 1990
    400d + kit = 5880

Total = 7870
    Less lens trade in = 1040
    G. Total = 6830

Usually they give you a 1gb or 2gb card for free as well as a tripod and bag. these prices can even go lower then what i've stated.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast