Where to buy a Canon EOS 400D? Or Nikon D80?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Where to buy a Canon EOS 400D? Or Nikon D80?

Hi,

I'm travelling next month to Hong Kong, Shenzhen and Guanzhou. I would like to purchase either a Canon EOS 400D or a Nikon D80 (I still have not made a final choice).

I have few questions.

1. What is the approximate price of Canon EOS 400D or Nikon D80 in Hong Kong? And in Shenzhen and Guanzhou, big differences?

2. Do you know if Canon or Nikon provide international guarantee? (I'll be there just for 2 weeks).

3. Maybe someone may post me a link to a webpage of HKG or China, where I may see prices online, for electronics, cameras, etc?

Thank you!!!

i've seen it so far in broadway and fortress...

haven't checked in mongkok or anywhere just yet...
    check out this site -> http://www.ygdragon.net/
    click on the price list link...

Canon I know doesn't have International warranty for bodies. Only lenses. Nikon I'm not too sure.

ive seen the 400D in almost every camera shops (especially in mong kok). as for the price, it really depends on what you want...if you just want the body or with the lens. on the average, it is around 6000+HKD. i'm still looking for the cheapest one yet. i'll keep you posted though.

Cameras in Mong Kok

Cessie:

Where in Mong Kok can you find cameras? I am new here and am interested in purchasing the Nikon D80.

Thanks.

try sai yeung choi street.. also there is this building somewhere in the area that carries a lot of different gizmos (cameras included). i'll let you know of the name... have to ask my cousin.

in Mongkok, two famous camera shops,

Man Shing and
    Wing Shing

if you buy canon DSLR,

u can try dcfever too

one in mongkok and one in Windsor House of Causeway Bay

Thanks for all the answers, few more questions;

Where is it better, in terms of price/quality, to buy a Canon SLR camera, in Hong Kong, Shenzhen or Guanzhou?

6000HKD, is just the body of the camera? Or body with a 18-55 lens?

If just the body, it's the same price as in Europe.

the body costs around 6100+HKD while the whole kit costs around 6800+HKD.

Quote Originally Posted by Solnishko:
    Where is it better, in terms of price/quality, to buy a Canon SLR camera, in Hong Kong, Shenzhen or Guanzhou?
    By definition, the quality is the same as the camera will be the same in Hong Kong or China.

If you are talking about quality of service, that's not too relevant either. Once you buy the goods, if you have any warranty problems, you take it up with Canon/Nikon rather than the store (who really couldn't be bothered to see you again, unless you want to spend more money).

Thanks for all the answers;

I would like to know, regarding the warranty, big companies such as Nikon or Canon, offer international warranty when purchasing a camera either in Hong Kong, either in China?

I don't want to buy the camera in HKG, and after 2 months, breaks totally...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast