Electric Guitar Shopping in Hong Kong

Closed Thread

Electric Guitar Shopping in Hong Kong

Greetings. I will be visiting Hong Kong later this year and would like to know where I could purchase an electric guitar. Ideally, I'd like to find a Fender Stratocaster at a local shop. Any suggestions?

tom lee has tbe biggest range

Tom Lee has the only range for Fender. For some reason Parsons and Tsang Fook don't stock them.

Tom Lee has a big Fender stock problem since the last few months, apparently contractual problems. Their selection used to be a whole lot bigger, Fender accessories like strings etc. used to be in more readily supply as well. That said in general you can find some good deals in Tom Lee as long as you keep in mind not to ask the staff for anything, they are equally clueless as they are arrogant.

Thanks!

Thank you for the suggestions. I'll provide a little more context around my question... I am a US-based musician and have been hired to perform this December in Hong Kong. The venue is providing amplifiers, drums and other backline items. I own a guitar, but am exploring some options. I can either ship my guitar to HK or just buy (or even rent) one there. I'm trying to determine which option would be easiest and least troublesome. If it's possible to simply purchase a guitar while in HK, I might consider having it shipped back to the US when our shows are over. So that's the nature of my inquiry. Tom Lee music already responded to my email, indicating they do have Fender Stratocasters in stock. It appears their prices are much higher for the same models versus US pricing, so I might just be better shipping my guitar over.
    Thank you again. Looking forward to seeing Hong Kong for the first time!