Simmons Mattress cheaper to ship - what else?

Closed Thread

Simmons Mattress cheaper to ship - what else?

Tx for the suggestions that buying a Simmons Mattress is cheaper (even including shipping) than here. (the 2010 model is less than 2k USD... the 2009 model is 32K HKD AFTER 25% discount! i'm assuming shipping from US to HK is < 2k USD)

What else can I do that with?
    I'm assuming nothing electrical right? No kitchen appliances?

Quote Originally Posted by swl123:
    Tx for the suggestions that buying a Simmons Mattress is cheaper (even including shipping) than here. (the 2010 model is less than 2k USD... the 2009 model is 32K HKD AFTER 25% discount! i'm assuming shipping from US to HK is < 2k USD)

What else can I do that with?
    I'm assuming nothing electrical right? No kitchen appliances?
    WE CANNOT READ YOUR MIND.

If you are asking for some help with some questions, how about providing some context instead of just blurting out an inner dialogue?
    Last edited by jgl; 23-08-2010 at 11:58 PM.

"What else can I do that with?"

I'm completely renovating a flat and realizing that things in HK are more expensive than the US. For example, the mattress above. I'm asking you guys for suggestions as to how else I can save money by buying in the US and shipping here?

Can I do this with Miele appliances as they are about 1/2 px too in the US vs HK? Subzero fridges?

Quote Originally Posted by swl123:
    "What else can I do that with?"

I'm completely renovating a flat and realizing that things in HK are more expensive than the US. For example, the mattress above. I'm asking you guys for suggestions as to how else I can save money by buying in the US and shipping here?

Can I do this with Miele appliances as they are about 1/2 px too in the US vs HK? Subzero fridges?
    You want to save money, buy local brands.

US appliances will need 110 volts, not the 240 volts that flow from the walls here.

With major electrical appliances, you're going to have to worry about chunky, hot voltage transformers and whether appliances are covered by international warranties. This might make sense for items with large cost differentials and high reliability (e.g. top of the line air purifiers with a 3x differential and only one simple moving part) but may not make sense for many other items.

Do you realise that there are different international standards for mattress sizing? You should probably check on that before buying in the US.

Last edited by jgl; 24-08-2010 at 09:46 AM.

why not try locally made casablanca mattress, they are sold at renowned department stores , i.e, Sogo next to simmons, tempurs and sealy mattress, thus, must be decent, but around 40-70% cheaper than imported brands.

CASABLANCA INTERNATIONAL LTD.