Watsons...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Watsons...

Is it me or is anyone else in HK getting annoyed by the number of cosmetics pushers they have in the stores.

Walked in today, looking for an insect repellant, a sales chick walks up to me, asks me if I need help and then promptly tries to sell me a $200 bottle of "natural cream". Bleah...

Oh yeah.. and whats the deal with putting the shelves so close to each other than you can barely turn around without toppling one over? The approach to the check out counter at the Watsons in Entertainment building is more hazardous than the approach to the holy grail in the Indiana Jones movie.

in an underground bunker at an undisclosed location

Talking Amen, brother

Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll:
    Is it me or is anyone else in HK getting annoyed by the number of cosmetics pushers they have in the stores.

Walked in today, looking for an insect repellant, a sales chick walks up to me, asks me if I need help and then promptly tries to sell me a $200 bottle of "natural cream". Bleah...

Oh yeah.. and whats the deal with putting the shelves so close to each other than you can barely turn around without toppling one over? The approach to the check out counter at the Watsons in Entertainment building is more hazardous than the approach to the holy grail in the Indiana Jones move.
    LOL, KIA. You're not alone, buddy. Whenever I need to pop in to Watson's to buy something (mostly after work in the evening). I (or rather my bag) always inadvertently knock(s) over some of the displays they put up. (SIGH!) Just makes you wish they would make more space for shoppers to move around!

Interesting ! I recently heard the Watsons CEO at a seminar where he spoke about how their store layout is now friendlier ...

By the way KIA, heard the word 'chick' after a long time !

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice

heard the word 'chick' after a long time !

yes well obviously a tongue of the slip by the ol' codger, for surely in no shape or form is a denizen of the sales squad at Watsons ever mistaken for a 'chick'.

I once had to run the gauntlet of those trecherous aisles, with a sales minion for some reason extremely keen to scribble her mobile number on my person.

Old Man Watson must be spinning in his grave

another thing

the layout of watson doesn't bother the me that much, what really bother me is the .. salesgirl that is following me around in watson . some of them are quite aggressive.

deleteduser

It's Hong Kong - There IS no space for them to move stuff around, and make room for your bag!

lowlight, complete bollocks. Absofinglute bollocks.

Walk into any decent department store and there is plenty of space to walk around. Both, low and high end.

Watsons has taken the decision to cram every square inch with irritating sales women (actually they work for the cosmetics chains.. not watsons.. atleast the ones I find irritating).

Don't buy that "this is hong kong so live with this excuse", its pathetic and defeatist.

deleteduser
    Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll:
    lowlight, complete bollocks. Absofinglute bollocks.

Walk into any decent department store and there is plenty of space to walk around. Both, low and high end.

Watsons has taken the decision to cram every square inch with irritating sales women (actually they work for the cosmetics chains.. not watsons.. atleast the ones I find irritating).

Don't buy that "this is hong kong so live with this excuse", its pathetic and defeatist.
    I agree that Watsons IS crowded, and the sales people ARE very annoying. I can't think of another alternative to Watsons that isn't crowded - Mannings is just as bad, although they tend to have less sales people to bother you.

But honestly there IS much less retail space here compared to where you may be used to. But the "this is hong kong so live with it" isn't an excuse, it's an observation. The stores here are smaller, and there is less space. If you think Watsons is an exception, then shop somewhere else! But like I said, it doesn't get MUCH less crowded.

Been here for 11 years and this is now officially home.

deleteduser

What does that have to do with anything?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast