Any suggestion on summer moisturizer pls?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Any suggestion on summer moisturizer pls?

Hi ladies,

Appreciate if anyone could suggest a good moisturizer for summer please.

My skin is sort of combination with particularly oily skin around T-zone, and I've been on clinique dramatically different moisturizing gel for a while. I heard it would be better for skin not getting too used to one moisturizer, and I'm thinking of getting a new one for a change.

Thanks a lot

Why can't you use the same moisturizer? Why is it bad fro the skin?

Maybe you will have to use two different moisturizers. One for oily T-zone and one for normal on your cheeks and neck.

Oh, i use Dr. Murad. His products really cleared up my skin. There's many moisturizers though, so maybe go to a spa/salon that sells it and ask them to help you pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Joannie:
    Why can't you use the same moisturizer? Why is it bad fro the skin?

Maybe you will have to use two different moisturizers. One for oily T-zone and one for normal on your cheeks and neck.
    Don't think it's bad for the skin. I recall a few articles I read only say that once the skin is used to certain formula of nutrition, the effectiveness of the nutrition starts to decrease, or something like that, sorry I couldn't remember the exact words.

Quote Originally Posted by Joannie:
    Oh, i use Dr. Murad. His products really cleared up my skin. There's many moisturizers though, so maybe go to a spa/salon that sells it and ask them to help you pick.
    Thanks Joannie for your posts.

I quickly googled Dr. Murad, the reviews are pretty mixed, and its products seem to focus on skins with acne, which I don't have such problem. Not sure that's what I need though.

Just go outside and walk briskly for a few minutes - that will moisturise your skin very effectively.

have you tried sisley's ecological compound? btw don't read too much into the reviews as people have different skin and that skin prob is partly determined by hormones, your stress level, your diet, your lifestyle, plus your living condition.

also many of the reviewers were paid by the PR companies to post reviews online...

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    Just go outside and walk briskly for a few minutes - that will moisturise your skin very effectively.
    Errr...that's a guy thing, I suppose??

Quote Originally Posted by cow1201:
    have you tried sisley's ecological compound? btw don't read too much into the reviews as people have different skin and that skin prob is partly determined by hormones, your stress level, your diet, your lifestyle, plus your living condition.

also many of the reviewers were paid by the PR companies to post reviews online...
    Couldn't be more agree with you on the reliability of reviews. I think I'll pop into shops over the weekend and get something. Thanks

Actually taking HK's humidity in consideration you don't need a moisturizer at all, at least not during summer. A moisturizer is not able to moisturize the skin despite it's name, but is meant to preserve the skin's moisture. A humidity of 90% and more is a moisturizer in itself!!!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast