European adapter/converter?

European adapter/converter?

I need an adapter for two prong round European appliances. I've looked at quite a few places and can't seem to find any. I've looked at all the grocery stores, Ikea, Fortress, Japan Home Store and several other small appliance and computer stores. I can find adapters, I just can't find adapters for European appliances.

My hair dryer and my kitchen and household appliances are all European and I only have one adapter right now. I'm sick of running all over the house looking for the last place I used it every time I need it.

does the end look like this?

I thought most adapters would cater for them. This is one of the types of plug in China.
    You could find them in the street stalls.
    If you still don't have joy, the computer centres have adapters for about $5-$10.

All bigger Park'n Shop (Super-)Stores sell them, for example the one in Aberdeen Centre.
    It will say "Shavers only" on the sales packaging, but don't worry; you might eventually need to change the fuse if you want to use it for bigger appliances.

Anyway, it's quite weird that all electronic shavers that are sold in HK come with a European plug, in order to use / charge them in bathrooms.
    BuT I heard that it's against HK law to have any power outlets in the bathroom?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by azriel
    I need an adapter for two prong round European appliances. I've looked at quite a few places and can't seem to find any. I've looked at all the grocery stores, Ikea, Fortress, Japan Home Store and several other small appliance and computer stores. I can find adapters, I just can't find adapters for European appliances.

My hair dryer and my kitchen and household appliances are all European and I only have one adapter right now. I'm sick of running all over the house looking for the last place I used it every time I need it.

Well, I the adapter I have now has a place for 3 prongs, but the bottom two places have the round space where the European two round prongs would fit in, too. All the ones I see in the stores here have three places, but the bottom two are flat and the round prongs wouldn't fit in.

Pics of adapter that you should get?
    The adapter that looks like this does NOT have a fuse. It is just a converter.

I think you beat me. Perhaps check out the street stalls in ShamShuiPo?
    Last edited by kiwi_bc; 25-10-2006 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi_bc
    Pics of adapter that you should get?
    The adapter that looks like this does NOT have a fuse. It is just a converter.

I think you beat me. Perhaps check out the street stalls in ShamShuiPo?
    THis is one and others similar are sold at Temple street market every evening. Around HK$10.00/each

Just wanted to think you for steering me to the Temple night market. I went there tonight and they had them at just about every other stall. Now I have plenty of adapters!

I know what you mean about running around the flat to find the adaptor ! It happens to me when I travel.