Where to buy: Salted lemon

Closed Thread

Where to buy: Salted lemon

I'm a great fan of the salted lemon and 7up drinks they serve in the daipaidongs. I'd love to make some at home, but I haven't seen any supermarkets/shops stocking salted lemon. Has anyone seen them sold in Hong Kong?

Thanks!

im not sure what it is.....but couldnt you buy salt and lemon separately then mix?

You can make your own extremely easy.

Large jar of water, Some lemons and add salt to it and let it steep. Usually needs a few weeks until the lemon rind etc totally softens. Oh and make sure the lemon is unwaxed.

You can try and see if you can get some preserved lemons from Aji Ichiban, they'll be dry but should be similar

Quote Originally Posted by amberash:
    I'm a great fan of the salted lemon and 7up drinks they serve in the daipaidongs. I'd love to make some at home, but I haven't seen any supermarkets/shops stocking salted lemon. Has anyone seen them sold in Hong Kong?

Thanks!
    yes you can buy jars of salted lemons. usually a shop that makes the drink also sells the lemons in small and large jars.

vendors/stalls in the wet market will sell jars of salted lemons.

if you cannot find and are near prince edward i can give u the direction to a shop.

salted lemon is also good added to steamed fish, especially a fishy taste/smell type fish.
    Last edited by WalkAbout; 08-09-2010 at 02:21 PM.

some shop like this in Wanchai

Google 地圖 (Map)

Cantonese pronounciation Harm Ling M~own

It's preserved so u can buy more.

Last edited by clarence_kwan_h; 09-09-2010 at 04:14 AM.

Thanks everyone. This is very helpful!