Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Expatriate

oolong tea??

oolong tea??

Hi! Does anyone know where I can buy Oolong tea? Its a chinese tea, but I don't even know the chinese name... I was just reading an article about it and it sounds like something I want to have!!! It would b e great if someone knew where it is available!

Thanks

in an underground bunker at an undisclosed location

Its commonly available in most supermarkets (in the form of teabags).

There's a great tea-shop in Central that has delicious Oolong tea :
    you can taste all the different kinds until you find your favorite :
    Lock Cha tea shop, in Ladder Street, corner Queens Rd Central, in Sheung Wan (MTR Sh Wan, A2 exit).
    The boxes are really pretty, too. I buy them for gifts all the time...

For really nice quality ones, try going to 英記茶莊
    Ying Kee Tea Co
    Tel:2544 3811
    151 Queen's Rd C, Central District
    They have several branches in Hong Kong and is now on sale everything in the shop is 20% off!

Where can you get a bible in the US or a Koran in Iran?

Basically everywhere. Same with Oolong Tea in China or Hong Kong.

Fragile likes this.

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice

The Oolong business must really be good as Kee Wah is about to open their second store in IFC Mall.
    Their first store [next to Mc Donald's] is infamous for nabbing a family of Mooncake lifters and hauling them off to court.
    The Kee Wah Oolong comes in small white tins which look great as part of the clutter on your work table.
    A pinch added to some freshly boiled water in a Royal Doulton mug does wonders for the spirit.

Hi Ash,
    Oolong is not a certern kind name of tea, the most famous kind of tea among OOlong is Tie Guan Yin, I think may that you want.

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice

Oolong 101 by Hemlock

I pull the contents of my bottom drawer out and place them on my desk, it occurs to me that at some stage over recent years, I have become a tea bore. “OK,” I tell Ms Fang. “I have Formosa dong-ding, which is quite light. Big red robe, which is very dark. Feng-huang-dan-cong – quite fruity. Wu yi, which is a bit smoky, though the flavour changes with each fresh infusion of water. Iron Buddha… Oh, and some Luk Yu-brand teabags, but we can’t give him those.”

I follow Ms Fang as she takes the packages over to the meeting room. Through the half-opened door, I see the withered, bearded sage in his gown suddenly hurl something too small to detect into the air, prompting an admiring ‘waah!’ from the easily impressed personal assistant. His old trick of spearing a fly in mid-flight with a needle and pinning it to the wall – it gets tiresome after the first few times (and how come it is only when he is around that we have flies?). After some murmuring, Ms Fang reappears.

“He wants to know which season the big red robe stuff was harvested, and how high up the mountain the wu yi was grown.” I have to confess that all I know is that he has picked the two most expensive ones. She goes back in for a few seconds, comes out again and deposits my collection of oolong in my hands. “He says he’ll have a Coke, instead,” she says –