help to choose a tennis racquet for my boyfriend

Lightbulb help to choose a tennis racquet for my boyfriend

I want to buy a tennis racquet for my boyfriend as a christmas gift, but i do not know much how to choose it.

By the way, my boyfriend is quite a good player. He has played tennis for more than 10 years. And he is quite strong but not very tall. I think he is a power player.

This is what my friend recommend to me, so, could you help me to choose one?

http://www.opentip.com/index.php?cPath=1_4_128

IS it right that the most expensive one is the best? But I need a most suitable one.

Also, could you tell me some good online sporting goods stores? I want to order online.

Thanks!

If he's a serious player then I really don't think choosing one for him is going to work - only he will know what balance, weight, grip, tension and other things he likes...

I agree, anyone good at a racket sport will be quite particular about the type of racket they play with. You could find out what he already plays with and perhaps find a newer model from the same line - make sure the weight, balance, string tension is similar.

I am more of a squash player myself. Nowadays all but the cheapest rackets are made with carbon/titanium construction, some with gimmicky technologies and features. I've used $300 rackets that I prefer to $1000+ rackets. The big difference is that cheap rackets are sold with lousy strings, which I usually replace immediately after purchase.

Last edited by grandcider; 21-11-2006 at 09:24 PM.

Also, don't order online. You can get great prices on rackets in HK. There's a store on Yee Wo St. in Causeway Bay, across from the Regal Hotel that offers great prices. Another is "Rose Sports" with a branch of Hennessy Rd. and on Fa Yuen St., Mongkok.

Lightbulb

Thanks! Someone suggest me this one,what do you think of it?

Wilson n-Code n1 (115), nCode Series, Tennis Racquets
    Color: White/Grey
    The Wilson nCode n1 (115) is an ultra stiff game, super light, and powerful frame. The n1 is the flagship of Wilson's ncode technology, and also features a huge sweetspot and is best suited for 2.5-4.0 level players.
    Headsize: 115
    Length: 27.9
    Beam Width: 30mm Dual Taper
    Weight Strung: 255g/(9.0oz)
    Racquet/Player Type: GAME IMPROVEMENT
    Composition/Construction: 30% nCoded Hyper Carbon, 70% nCoded High Modulus Graphite
    String Pattern(Mains X Crosses): 16x19
    Recommended String Tension: 55-65 lbs.
    Power Level: High
    Frame Technology: nCode Technology
    Grip Type: Micro-Dry Comfort
    Swing Speed: Slow-Moderate
    Swing Type: Slow & Compact
    Misc: nZONE for a more active string bed

You don't understand - it doesn't matter what WE think of it - what matters is what your boyfriend thinks of it. If everybody liked the same type of tennis racquet there wouldn't be thousands of models to choose from.

Really, really - don't do this without checking very precisely what your boyfriend needs (which essentially means taking him shopping with you).