Seeking information on an old HK souvenir T-shirt

Closed Thread

Seeking information on an old HK souvenir T-shirt

My girlfriend visited Hong Kong with her family years ago. Her family is from there, and her late grandfather bought her a t-shirt that has since been lost in a move.
    The t-shirt had big letters H and K on the front, rainbow colored, with all the cities named inside of the two letters. Has anybody ever seen anything remotely resembling this? Please let me know as I am looking to acquire a new one. Thanks!

all the "cities"...hk is just one city... do you mean districts? i've been here for a LONG time and i've not seen the t-shirt you mention, but that's not to say it doesn't exist...

If you have a picture I am sure you could get one made in the same design Posted via Mobile Device

Come on dont tell me you never visited night market!! :-)
    I guess its one of the most tourist-y TShirts and should be available in many of HK's tourist oriented markets including Jordon Night Market, Stanley Market, Mongkok Market..

Quote Originally Posted by carang:
    all the "cities"...hk is just one city... do you mean districts? i've been here for a LONG time and i've not seen the t-shirt you mention, but that's not to say it doesn't exist...

i've not seen the t-shirt he describes. i've seen ones with areas of hk, mtr stations etc, but none of them have been "rainbow"...if memory serves, they all had the HK in blue and the districts in black...

Saw today exactly what I think the op is looking for - was in one of the lanes in Central (Li Yuen St East), about halfway down in store called Tang Dynasty or similar. Has all the typical touristy stuff out front, and the t-shirts inside.

saw something similar - chinese characters with the english names of districts by urban concept. found it in the central library bookshop.

this link shows you some of their other designs --->Fashion Tee : Gifts Hong Kong - HK Shop. : Fashion Apparel : Shop Hong Kong

ps. the shirts at GOD are cute too and the designs have a chinese motif

Last edited by Star Gazer; 26-09-2010 at 02:08 PM.