IKEA: Is it just me?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

It's open from 10am to 7pm and is open today, tomorrow and thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by beafan:
    well.. i brought an ikea catalog with me from vancouver. i'm crazy arent i? but they dont mail it to ur door like they do there.
    I got a catalogue through the mail in Kowloon Bay. The catalogues are annoying but that's probably because the locals or mainlanders would take them all: catalague shopping being a new thing here, or more likely take back to Shenzen and copy.

Ikea is great everywhere, they product nice cheap no-chintz furniture: so not always understood by Americans. Ulferts and other stores are expensive and not great range, HK generally you have to import yourself (try the market in Bangkok for good deals), or go through one of the hundreds of interior designers.

I laughed when I saw a store outside Milan, as the worlds fanciest (and very expensive) furniture is made and shown there. Not a good reputation in Sweden though.

in that price range you can not expect a perfect service. their products are cheap, so they can't pay good salaries and if you don't pay good salaries you will also get less educated workers. this is normal. (one of the exeptions is McDonald). the exeptions confirm the rule.
    tom

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2