Paying for Amazon, U.S. visa (USD) or HK VISA (HKd)

Paying for Amazon, U.S. visa (USD) or HK VISA (HKd)

Hi All

Was wondering if I were to order some books from Amazon, will they accept my U.S. visa card still since the shipping address is now in Hong Kong? Or would they only accept HK Visa?

Why don't you order the books from www.shopinhk.com and you only pay for local delivery?

In general, Amazon tend to accept any card for delivery anywhere, in my experience - as long as they're willing to deliver said item internationally at all. Stuff like books, CDs, DVDs (probably) should be fine, but once you get onto meatier things like electronics, they get picky.

Sorry Rani

I would if I could find my books there. The books I am looking for are simply not available here in HK.

My question really is the mismatched of shipping address and my Visa billing address (U.S. visa obviously has my U.S. address)? Could anyone share your experiences. Thanks!

should be fine
    remember amazon allow you to buy books as gift to others, shipping address must be different

I just used a HK card to buy something on amazon US to have delivered in the US, and it seems to have worked fine. I think as long as its a valid card, they don't care where it's from.

Do you pay a currency conversion fee by using the HK card? Amazon bills out of the US.

currency conversion fee is not charged by amazon

Honestly, even if there is a fee, it's probably still cheaper than buying a present here and mailing it overseas! Especially for bulky things like childrens' christmas gifts...