PB2 - Powdered Peanut Butter?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

PB2 - Powdered Peanut Butter?

I am looking for PB2 to mix into my shakes. Any idea if this is available somewhere in Hong Kong?

Bell Plantation - PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter and More!

PB2 has the same consistency as full fat peanut butter with all of the natural roasted peanut flavor, but with nearly 85% less fat calories. PB2 is made with high quality peanuts that are slow-roasted to our specifications and pressed to remove the oil. All natural with no artificial flavors,sweeteners, or preservatives.

PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter is mixed with water to create a traditional peanut butter mixture. It also works and tastes wonderfully in recipes that call for the use of peanut butter.

Ingredients include: Roasted Peanuts, salt, and sugar.

Wow, that's awesome! Though any food whose name is an abbreviation isn't likely to find much market in HK's organic-obsessed crowd.

Looks interesting. Wonder if you can add water as soon as you open it then refrigerate it. Just a thought.

Let us know how it tastes.

but does not peanut butter include margarine/butter or some sort of varient of oil to make it smooth and pastable on your bread? can not imagine how you can do that witrh this as margarine/butter or some sort of varient of oil is soluble in water!! do you have to heat it up first?

isnt this a powder for mixing into things like shakes and sauces?
    i dont think its meant as a substitute for spreadable peanut butter, although it may give directions on what to add to make it spreadable.

Click the link. It says you use water to make it spreadable. It claims it turns out just like normal peanut butter. I have my doubts that it would be perfect - much like Coke Zero not being quite as good as normal Coke - but its's probably is good enough for someone who cares that much about their fat intake they are buying powdered peanut butter.

With PB2 I think you are supposed to only mix with water before use up to 48 hours.

This belongs in the pile of things I won't do along with eating egg whites and throwing away the yolk!

What's wrong with eating fat in moderation, and then eating actual low fat food (chicken breast, veg, etc) when you don't want fat? I wouldn't be surprised if the company making this is actually a peanut oil producer trying to flog their residue!

Indeed, most of the nutrients which makes peanuts healthy is stored in the oil.

Last edited by justjoe86; 30-06-2013 at 07:50 PM.

I tried it a few years ago, it's available from iherb. I liked the chocolate flavor more. But I didn't eat it the way they intend it to (as peanut butter replacement). Just added a spoon or two into oatmeal for a bit of a different taste.

http://www.iherb.com/Bell-Plantation...oz-184-g/38245

http://www.iherb.com/Bell-Plantation...oz-184-g/38246

PS: What a coincidence, I just came back from Taste hunting for peanut butter and fighting my way through hordes of mainlanders (just kidding, no mainlanders just plenty of locals).

Last edited by 100LL; 30-06-2013 at 08:55 PM.

I got mine from oosupplies.com, have yet to fin a retail location in hk that sells it. I personally prefer the original flavor over the choco flavor.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast